advertisement

Ants

And what would one feed it on once it's done its job....

declan-donnelly-t.jpg

Seal as much as possible of the area where they are coming into the house (filler, silicon, whatever according to where it is), then spray the point(s) of entry with WD40. It stops the ants from setting up their trace lines, so they go elsewhere (in my home that means surfacing outside instead of inside). This has worked well for me in several homes & countries in which I have lived : I would be interested to hear if it works for anyone else.

This is a no-kill, no poison solution for those that care. I prefer not to kill any property invaders, with 3 exceptions : mosquitos (meditators worst enemy), house flies & ticks.

Last edited:
Put little piles of 50/50 mix of borax powder and icing sugar all around the outside of the house, there’s nothing more effective.

Use Nippon Ant products sparingly. They contain one of those rare products, an insecticide (Spinosad) that is a natural product with organic approvals.

It's still toxic to a wide range of species; i think approval ends next April. Keep away from any bees or similar that you don't want to kill and don't let it get into a drain.

advertisement

Back