advertisement

Another Weiss Dac 202 question -preamp

pidge22

pfm Member
Another Weiss dac 202 question....at the moment I have my Weiss dac 202 through my Linn majik 1 integrated amp and am considering using the outputs straight into a pair of Active speakers.

Can anyone tell me what the it is like straight into a pair of active speakers?

Also how would you wire the phono out's into balanced connections?

any feedback appreciated...

It has a set of balanced outs already no need to wire anything. It sounded pretty good a friends atc 50's.

I would say that the sound 'could' be what you are looking for, or maybe not! I tried that direct from my Transporter to my power amp. The sound was quite 'good', but not interesting. Splice in the tube preamp. Now thats music!

If you can keep the digital attenuation. Between -20 to 0db it'll be just fine. Beyond that and you'll start running in to issues.

Pidge the 202 has four selectable values for analogue output available from the menu.
Select the value that just gives you enough headroom for quieter passages of music, it is good practise to use as little digital attenuation as possible.
Keith.

If you can keep the digital attenuation. Between -20 to 0db it'll be just fine. Beyond that and you'll start running in to issues.

This is easy to do with the DAC202 as it also has resistive attenuation prior to digital (or is it vice versa). Anywho I connect straight into my power amps with a digital attenuation between -12.5 and -1 with excellent results.

Cheers,

DV

advertisement

Back