advertisement

Another Spotify price rise!

Second price increase in four months, going up to £11.99, bye bye and over to Tidal I think
Really? I thought the last time they upped their prices was back in July 23.
I'll still be using my Family plan when the price goes up because the rest of the family are so embedded into it plus they share playlists with friends. It also has a decent app interface.
I'd rather have higher res than Spotify offer but I tried Tidal and didn't like the app or the music choices it's algorithm pushed and some stuff I couldn't find.

A couple of weeks back I received an email from Spotify notifying the family package is going up from £17.99 to £19.99 tried to cancel but the wife uses Spotify on her watch whilst running and my daughter kicked off big time, ended up with the 2x user for £10.99.
I use Qobuz.
I thought Spotify Duo (2x user) was £16.99, with individual subs costing £10.99?

The original Rogan deal was the reason I left Spotify - I went to Deezer.

Same here.

I saw a thread on reddit claiming that Spotify have dropped Supremium after running a survey found the majority of customers would not be interested in paying more for a lossless/HiFi tier.

been using Qobuz and spotify for years
i noticed a superb podcast interview with Larry Normans son [ my avatar] on spotify . dont think thats on qubuz
also noticed a band i listen to stellardrone had much better selection of albums on spotify
its worth 11.99 i think for spotify even if its not at hi res as qobuz

I'm guessing the young ones (no, not them) primarily like Spotify because of the huge selection of varying playlists?

I abandoned Spotify a year or so go as I felt for the odd track or band Spotify might have over Tidal or Qobuz just wasn't worth it & now that both are cheaper can't go wrong (almost).

Only a small increase again but feeling like a ratchet and the quality isn't improving. Nor are the right people (artists) getting paid any more I'd imagine.

So you pay a couple of hundred a year and if you ever stop paying have nothing to show for it?

I think my records are probably worth more than I paid for them.
Your viewing is entirely on Blu Ray and DVD is it?
Or do you pay hundreds of pounds for Sky that if you stop paying you have nothing to show for it?

Same here.

I saw a thread on reddit claiming that Spotify have dropped Supremium after running a survey found the majority of customers would not be interested in paying more for a lossless/HiFi tier.
I’d say most of their customers are happy with the fidelity they get from Spotify Premium and are unwilling to pay more for the added cost of a Super Premium tier. I‘m a pretty heavy Spotify Premium user and would have a hard time thinking I’d need to go Super Premium. Having compared lossy vs lossless, I don’t feel there’s a need to go lossless.

I also think my streaming gear, Sonos Amps and Apple AirPods Max are very good technology that provides what I want from a user interface and sound quality experience. I have my doubts that there’s a better AI component to the other streaming options out there and that’s an aspect of Spotify that I treasure.

advertisement

Back