advertisement

Another problem for Boeing 737 Max

Juan Browne as usual has a good video :-

Summary:-
1) Fuselage including doors built by Spirit Aerospace and shipped complete to Boeing.
2) Boeing removes door plug to fit cabin interior, refits door and performs pressure test.
3) Door plug requires 4 locking bolts with locked castellated nuts to stop door plug moving.
4) Bolts removed by Boeing as part of 2) should be re-fitted by Boeing.

Juan describes the door being ejected on the sprung lower hinges due to a lack of or failure of the bolts. Should be easy to determine which it was.

CHE

Seems the finger of suspicion points towards James McNerney. First CEO of Boeing without a deep aerospace background, he came to Boeing from running 3M.

The obsessive focus by companies on "maximising shareholder return" is one of the main reasons so many companies have become disfunctional and end up as loads on the overall economy. Make people poorer overall in order to concentrate wealth extraction rather than wealth creation.

cf Mazzucato, et al. for documented examples, etc.

i loved my time in Oman in the late 1990s. They still let Omani's on a plane with their huge ceremonial daggers appended to their belt. Getting them to sit down for landing, was always trouble for the cabin crew. I have been on a number of flights between Gulf states where locals are allowed on board with masked and tethered falcons
Oh yes, the Khanjars. No respectable Omani would be seen without one. It was common to see locals on the plane with their rifles. Working in the clinics there, we'd have the hill tribesmen from the Jebel coming in armed to the teeth with rifles & bandoliers full of bullets. One of the ex-pat officer types came up to me one day & told me I should take the weapons off these guys, to which I replied...

Switzerland isn't in the EU or EEA, but is part of the single market and the Schengen area.
I’d rather see evidence of what the subsidies are rather than a discussion over confusion of who is or isn’t in the EU.

when were you last there?
I started going there in 1976, last trip was probably 1984-ish.

Drifting off the main topic I know, but this sign on the loo door at Salalah Air Base always amused us -

kNjJouy.jpg

Last edited:
Yep. I used to have a TWA Gold Card with free upgrades and points that would never expire. It was a big selling point for the loyalty scheme. Unfortunately, the airline expired. I think I still have over 100,000 points!
We had a load of airmiles with BA that expired about 6 years ago. We just stopped flying, then forgot about the airmiles, while we were moving house. Still haven’t flown, ten years now, and we don’t miss it. Pretty much everything about it became a miserable experience.

We had a load of airmiles with BA that expired about 6 years ago. We just stopped flying, then forgot about the airmiles, while we were moving house. Still haven’t flown, ten years now, and we don’t miss it. Pretty much everything about it became a miserable experience.
You can prevent the BA air miles (now Avios) expiring by a number of methods. I purchase Ardbeg 10 yo from their store, this gives me 3 more years validity each time I do this.

Pretty much everything about it became a miserable experience.
Couldn’t agree more. I have grown to hate flying, starting with the airport experience and going from there. The only saving grace is that we still have a nice regional airport down the road, but the choice of destinations is not that wide.
For those that say Business Class improves things should try the BA Business lounges sometime. If you can get a seat, that is.

advertisement

Back