advertisement

Another B4 Group Buy? This would make it #4

Nag, nag, nag...

So, if I was considering a three-way SNAXO type, I guess I'd need six boards? Only academic interest of course!
I'd like to build a SNAXO, too. Is this right, that the B4 boards will be able to transmogrify into a B4XO???

I think you'd need eight boards, four per speaker.
Woofer needs one to cut off everything above a certain frequency, say 500hz. Tweeter needs one to cut off everything below a certain frequency, say 3.5khz. Then the mid needs two. One to cut off everything below 500hz as that's being handled by the woofer. Then another one to cutoff everything above 3.5khz as that's being handled by the tweeter. Mid then handles everything between 500hz and 3.5khz. (frequencies used are just examples)

Tim

Hold on a mo these are stereo boards even active it would still filter and power both channels, so in a 3 way speaker you would need 3 why 6? :confused:

Alan
PS Im on the second bottle of red so please excuse if Im missing the obvious :rolleyes:

I think you'd need eight boards, four per speaker.
Woofer needs one to cut off everything above a certain frequency, say 500hz. Tweeter needs one to cut off everything below a certain frequency, say 3.5khz. Then the mid needs two. One to cut off everything below 500hz as that's being handled by the woofer. Then another one to cutoff everything above 3.5khz as that's being handled by the tweeter. Mid then handles everything between 500hz and 3.5khz. (frequencies used are just examples)

Tim

But they are stereo boards - so 4 needed

Hold on a mo these are stereo boards even active it would still filter and power both channels, so in a 3 way speaker you would need 3 why 6? :confused:

Alan
PS Im on the second bottle of red so please excuse if Im missing the obvious :rolleyes:

Tweeter - High pass filter
Mids - High & low pass filter
Woofers - low pass filter

so four boards needed in all.

Sorry - didn't realise they were a stereo circuit, been out of touch for a while - good news though as I've got SBLs so I only need two boards plus I'll probably get a couple more boards. One to see what all the fuss is about :) plus one as a spare. Email tmoz

So the call for payments has gone out - if you didn't get it and think you should have - holler!

And many thanks to those that were fast off the mark and already paid.

If you still want in there is still time.

We are now through three rounds and there still seems to be interest for more boards. I have two boards left and I think both of those might be gone very soon (now long gone), if there is pent up demand I'm happy to order more.

You can find stuff all over the DIY section but the original thread is here

You can find everything in the original GB thread and the other threads referenced therein...and PDs only condition was:

You can also find the BOM, schematic and brief build notes here.

If you want to put your name down for one just email me at neiljadman (@) gmail.com and include B4 in the subject line and please include your PFM username in the body of the message.

So far I have email interest from the following:

• Keithsnaim – 2
  • Sonority – 1
  • Snowman_al - 2
  • Suffolk Tony – 3
  • BowerHinton – 1
  • Binnie – 2
  • klaus_dee - 2
  • Muzz - 2
  • cutting42 - 6
  • Cable Monkey - 2
  • amdismal - 6
  • zappa0011 - 4
  • Grenadier_45 - 2
  • davidho - 1
  • greyrab - 2
  • johm.luckins - 4
  • uzinusa - 1
  • Stackowax - 2
  • madmike1978 - 1
  • New naim boy - 1
  • olpplo - 9
  • Sam_cat - 6
  • DuncanF - 2

With the total at 67 (as of March 17) the unit price is now down to $16.50 + P&P - so it looks like were on if everyone is OK with that. Let's give it a little longer to see if the numbers creep up (and the unit price down) any more.

Please note that it's hard to follow these threads sometimes and you won't get on the list without the email request.

So the call for payments has gone out - if you didn't get it and think you should have - holler!

And many thanks to those that were fast off the mark and already paid.

If you still want in there is still time.
Hi thanks for the group buy please count me in for 2 Bob

Will pay when at a proper computer and not using my phone.

How many b4 boards in total will this make it?

Thanks again.
Sam

advertisement

Back