advertisement

Angriest Guitarist.

The Captain

~~~~~~~~~~
The angriest guitar player in the world. The gold starts at 3:00 with his Magic Man renditions.

Perfectly office-safe, so you can turn it up no problem.

Capt

Yeah, must be. Probably not funny. I was more thinking of all the smashed guitars. So angry, he really needs help.

Yeah, must be. Probably not funny. I was more thinking of all the smashed guitars. So angry, he really needs help.

I thought that could only have been where your innitial reply came from Mike.. a kind perspective. Kudos to you.

It is though, despite his anger issues poor chap (must have blighted his life).. one of the most hilarious things I've seen on YouTube. I mean even a duo of 'mericun "reacting to.." cool young YouTubers, were in histerics. Poor chap tho, yup.

Capt

No the angriest guitar player is me whenever a score is too hard. ☺️

I think maybe the comedy element is observed from those who can empathise, in terms of recognising they've been similarly mind-meldingly frustrated before (in most likely younger days).. I know that it chimes with me.

Golf springs to mind yes. I've played a very few times, & because of my liltingly-graceful batting off-drives (imagine gower, but right-handed).. I would slice every fkn shot, every fkn one, ever so slightly 'away' rendering me apoplectic with rage. Defeated & demoralised as if the world was about to end I would threaten to snap clubs & shriek.

Capt

Last edited:
At the absolute polar opposite, and I know it isn’t guitar playing, but this guy’s calm determination is incredible:

Just try after try after try after to learn a skateboard trick.

My goodness I stayed with him until 1500+. How satisfying for him. Love how skateboarding hasn't changed a jot in decades.

Initially it's very funny but, as an ex Media Studies teacher, I do find it increasingly odd that we accept the authenticity of these clips. They are, in the main, performances designed to be shared and provoke a reaction. It's always worth asking some "who" and "why" questions. Who filmed this? Why was it filmed? Who is he talking to? Who edited it? Why was it shared online? I'm also concerned about the guy's mental health. Was this consensual or explotative?

That said, as an inept and frustrated guitarist, I can sympathize with the spirit of the clip. There have been a few times when I've got very cross messing up The Surrey With the Fringe on Top yet again, 3/4 of the way through.

I'd agree with the above, done for clicks, but also not a guitarist obviously and exhibiting behaviour more associated with a spoilt child.

A song called Magic Man, apparently @Paraheadache

@kjb that's too cynical for me. You can't fake that don't be daft. The guy who filmed it you can hear occasionally is clearly a friend gently encouraging him to help him, but also egging him on bc it was so hilarious & he knew he had a fairly unique comedy gold 5 mins he'd get some views of. I think it's gone viral since. Done for clicks my ass.

The poor guy wouldn't have let his friend release it, unless he agreed. Actually watching himself back might have been the very therapy he needed anyway.

Capt

I don't think the behaviour was at all faked. I'm certainly no professional but I wonder why someone would persist in filming this and then put it on YouTube? If the poster intended to help (his friend?) was it really necessary to publish it online? This may humiliate the angry man and what kind of damage could that do?
I think he needs help not ridicule.

advertisement

Back