advertisement

[FS] ANATEK Acoustics MC1 phono stage in black

Ducatiist

pfm Member
This is a very pleasant sounding one box MC phono stage in stunning condition, in its original box

It works nicely with my modified Denon 103 and produces a lovely sound, however it has sat in its box far too long now, so think it's time to move it on.

This is a low serial number model (ie 0008)...later models became two-box phono stages which obviously took up more room.

Some blurb I copied :

Anatek of the UK was known for building reasonably priced but high performance Analogue gear.

Their MC1 phono preamp, an Award winning moving coil phono stage that was voted product of the year by HiFi World Magazine and "arguably one of the best money can buy at under £1000. "
Great care has been taken in the design to ensure accurate RIAA EQ and phase response, and is fully discrete (ie there are no ICs in the signal path).
The MC1 is a solid state class A, zero feedback phono stage with 67dB gain (generally outputting in the region of 2v line level) and it is designed to work with cartridges of 100 ohm impedance. However, it is more than happy with units of significantly more or less than this figure.
Note the WIMA caps and other high quality parts inside; this unit was built in the UK, not the Far East.
Note also the high quality WBT Next Gen input and output RCA jacks.

I'm looking for £435 plus postage.

A couple of photos, but its pretty much a black box with some terminals on the back.

R1035580 by Stuart Smith, on Flickr

R1035585 by Stuart Smith, on Flickr

R1035584 by Stuart Smith, on Flickr

R1035583 by Stuart Smith, on Flickr

R1035576 by Stuart Smith, on Flickr

Wow...things drop quicker than a stone on here!
Bump for a very nice phono stage...this is too good to go on the 'Bay

advertisement

Back