advertisement

Amusing Hi-Fi stories

Do any of you remember the regular on here who waxed lyrical about how brilliant his Isobariks were compared to the SBLs they'd replaced? Only for someone visiting his house months later to discover that the Briks had been wired out of phase the entire time!

My mother visited shortly after I first got Isobarks and asked me what I kept in the big cabinets.

Years ago I sold a pair of Heybrook Solos to a work colleague. A few weeks later he angrily confronted me with the news that they had packed in, sounded terrible and he wanted his money back. I asked him a couple of questions. Party? Yes. Where was the volume knob? End-stop. Drunk? Very. I explained that he'd fried them, if he hadn't be wasted he might have noticed that they were not happy and it was his problem.

I remember my father in law (now passed away) struggling with a CD micro system in the 90s.

He was never big on following instructions but thought he may be getting somewhere when he read "insert the disc into the holder and press down firmly".

Unfortunately he couldn't locate any button on the unit which said "down firmly", so he gave up and phoned me for help....

:(

I remember my father in law (now passed away) struggling with a CD micro system in the 90s.

He was never big on following instructions but thought he may be getting somewhere when he read "insert the disc into the holder and press down firmly".

Unfortunately he couldn't locate any button on the unit which said "down firmly", so he gave up and phoned me for help....

:(
At least he didn’t press down firmly on the open CD drawer though.

advertisement

Back