advertisement

Amplifier Stands

Amber Audio

This is the Day
I'd like to move my mono block amps close to the speakers so I can run XLR to amp and short speaker cables.

Size: 216 x 88 x 305[mm] (WxHxD)
Weight: 7 Kg​

Can anyone point me in the direction of some small stands to get the amps off the deck a bit, not glass topped ones and need to be nicely finished, black is fine/preferred, maybe £100 ish.

Floor is laminate over concrete but I can use some metal protectors I already have if they are spiked.

Thanks

Gus

I'd like to move my mono block amps close to the speakers so I can run XLR to amp and short speaker cables.

Size: 216 x 88 x 305[mm] (WxHxD)
Weight: 7 Kg​

Can anyone point me in the direction of some small stands to get the amps off the deck a bit, not glass topped ones and need to be nicely finished, black is fine/preferred, maybe £100 ish.

Floor is laminate over concrete but I can use some metal protectors I already have if they are spiked.

Thanks

Gus
How about getting a countertop builder/dealer to cut down and finish some remnants? Maybe some matte black quartz or soapstone? Then just put some furniture pads underneath so they don't wobble. If you oversized them a few cm then you'd have protection against overzealous vacuuming.

Cheers, cos I'm shielding I was looking for something off the shelf I can order online. Apart from dust bunnies the vacuuming is a big reason to get them on something proper/solid. Whether you are a cable believer or not having them so close to the speakers means I can try out some expensive options and only need a short pair.

I'd think about getting a couple of bamboo chopping boards from IKEA. Maybe some Sorbothane feet underneath, too. You could put that lot together for not much more than buttons, and the chopping boards are nicely finished, so would look quite acceptable.

Cheers, cos I'm shielding I was looking for something off the shelf I can order online. Apart from dust bunnies the vacuuming is a big reason to get them on something proper/solid. Whether you are a cable believer or not having them so close to the speakers means I can try out some expensive options and only need a short pair.
If you had dimensions in mind you could probably just call in an order to a countertop company. Some should have good websites with material galleries and finishing details explained. E.g. bullnose, chamfers and fillets of various sizes, etc.

here you go and they do get good reviews ,https://isoacoustics.com/products/aperta-series/aperta/
also on ebay, i know they are for speakers, but people do use them for amps,
Cheers I have 155 under my desktop speakers, they would end up with the amps up higher than I’m after. I think I’m gonna cobble some black granite and sorbothane ones up, need to work out what adhesive to stick the feet on with. Found a couple of ready made ones in acrylic for £40 as a fall back.

Townshend do some nice supports.
When I get new speakers I am going to get some of their platforms cos I’ve heard them at a mates place really working on the bass. Not sure if this will be a permanent layout change so want to keep the cost reasonable.

I've been trying to find someone to make me a cube from speed frame (steel) or the aluminium/plastic equivalent, but despite sending enquiries via on-line enquiry forms to three separate companies none have got back to me. Yes, I could follow up with a phone call, and yes, they may have furloughed half their staff but not sure I want to do business with someone who can't even work their own systems! I just want to get my STA25 off the floor so I can see it in all it's drab grey glory.

I was offered an old pair of Target monoblock stands recently, I've no idea of the size or conditions. Would you have any interest?

I was offered an old pair of Target monoblock stands recently, I've no idea of the size or conditions. Would you have any interest?
@me or Jem?

Similar to these?

Zs72A4Ql.jpg

@me or Jem?

Similar to these?

Zs72A4Ql.jpg

Initially yourself but if either of you are interested I'll let the seller know or find out size and condition, price and postage, but I don't know anything about them other than they are made by Target and are fine textured satin black finish.

I'd think about getting a couple of bamboo chopping boards from IKEA. Maybe some Sorbothane feet underneath, too. You could put that lot together for not much more than buttons, and the chopping boards are nicely finished, so would look quite acceptable.

You beat me to this suggestion Sue. I use bamboo chopping boards under both my tt and cdt.

cable believer or not, very short lengths won't have enough electrical differences to be heard. It's the argument for expensive speakers being internally wired with generic book up cable after all.

I use a pair of Atacama shelves that I had spare, £150ish each originally but they were spare and doing nothing so!

advertisement

Back