advertisement

Amp still winks at me when turned off; odd?

Mike Reed

pfm Member
I bought a cheap AUNA (German) amp (with bluetooth) for my TV project and when switched off, the remote sensor (I imagine) winks every few seconds. Hardly noticeable but wife's unhappy so I unplug at night, which is a pain.

It had a continental 2 pin plug into 13 amp plug adaptor plug, but now having wired it up directly to 13 amp plug it still winks. I suspect it's a feature of this particular amp or bluetooth (which I don't understand or use) as I've never come across this before. Nowt in the poor destruction book about this.

Any ideas, anyone?

The light on my LG tv stays on after I switch it off via the remote, as far as I know there’s no other way to switch off other than at the mains. I’m told this is a common ’stand by’ feature in modern devices. Fortunately my wife rarely visits this room and anyway is more concerned about dust on the sideboard than pilot lights 😁

To be fair the auna stuff looks suuuuper cheap.
Agreed and I got it even cheaper than super cheap (new). All I wanted was rem./controlled amplification for my TV; nothing special and it works as I'd expect.

No idea what these DIM things are in relation to what's in my amp but your comment tends to put my mind to rest, Bart. i feel it's part of the design but just seems odd when on on/off switch is deactivated. My TV stays on standby 24/7 as there's no on/off switch; besides, it keeps the electronics warm.

The light on my LG tv stays on after I switch it off via the remote, as far as I know there’s no other way to switch off other than at the mains. I’m told this is a common ’stand by’ feature in modern devices. Fortunately my wife rarely visits this room and anyway is more concerned about dust on the sideboard than pilot lights 😁
Nah, that's incorrect. Have 2 LGs a 55" and a 50" One's 5/6 yo the other about 3/4 ...go to "All Settings-General -Standby Light ...:cool:
I bought a cheap AUNA (German) amp (with bluetooth) for my TV project and when switched off, the remote sensor (I imagine) winks every few seconds. Hardly noticeable but wife's unhappy so I unplug at night, which is a pain.

It had a continental 2 pin plug into 13 amp plug adaptor plug, but now having wired it up directly to 13 amp plug it still winks. I suspect it's a feature of this particular amp or bluetooth (which I don't understand or use) as I've never come across this before. Nowt in the poor destruction book about this.

Any ideas, anyone?
As ye say, it's such a cheap amp that they probably saved every penny by not offering an on/off setting for the LED, so no ON/OFF...?

they probably saved every penny by not offering an on/off setting for the LED, so no ON/OFF...?
Don't follow. Every amp I've ever had, when turned off by its own switch, cancels everything, Why wouldn't a similar switch (at the back) simply cut power, as happens to my Virgin box on top of the amp. Don't understand where 'cutting corners' comes in.
Sounds like the behaviour of a hussy to me.
I seem to be having a rare humour failure here as I don't follow. What sounds like .....etc.?

Nah, that's incorrect. Have 2 LGs a 55" and a 50" One's 5/6 yo the other about 3/4 ...go to "All Settings-General -Standby Light ...:cool:
I‘m sure you’re right, I went into “settings” once and had to have a lie down after seeing all the options 🤯, I’ll get one of the grand-kids to sort it out later…

Any ideas, anyone?
That's a first for me I must admit. Never noticed any electronics with IR sensors do that before. Can't even start to guess as to what might be the reason. Have you tried contacting the manufacturer? it could be normal for that amp.

Your amp winks at you? You’re lucky, mine sticks its tongue out at me, usually when I put an apostrophe in the wrong place!

is it just for few second? if yes, it's normal cause capacitance do need few seconds to discharge
Nope. Every few seconds it flashes (oh dear, Blue Belle ! :D ) but continues in that vein unless unplugged. I really cannot think it's a problem to leave plugged in as this was the case for a couple of weeks before my wife noticed it when she switched the lights off.

advertisement

Back