advertisement

[WTD] Amp stand

If you're looking for a good value amp stand, fyi Fern & Roby's amp stand is beautifully finished & starts from $475US (approx £375 depending on finish).

Last edited:
What is your budget, and what size do you need, this might be good, Neo is a very good brand, and well made, lotus hifi have a few for sale,

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
@Gwantommo If you purchased the Ikea block ( I've just purchased one for my amp ) you can buy speaker spikes and fitments, alternatively you could try something a little more fancy like IsoAcoustics or there is a thread on here for Stack Audio isolation devices. With the Ikea block, it does have an overlap for butting up to a worktop counter which can be saw off, although if you look on ebay there are many other chopping boards/blocks.

What is your budget, and what size do you need, this might be good, Neo is a very good brand, and well made, lotus hifi have a few for sale,
Ideally cheap but something fancy 😂

Needs to fit a full size power amp, the Neo ones do look good but they’re not cheap. Solidsteel ones look good as well. I’ll check Lotus out

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Another option I was going to suggest is Quadraspire which are well made & good value. They don't have an amp stand listed on their website, but I know they do make them with spikes as required.
I was looking at them and Atacama. I’m thinking just buying the base should be a good amp stand, can’t see how they differ to a dedicated one.

Ebay Isolation Platform
A bit more expensive than the Ikea butchers block but it's spiked and they do different sizes. I use one under my turntable for levelling purposes but it would be fine for putting an amplifier on.

@Gwantommo I also own a Vitus amp as you may have noticed. I have it placed on a 2-shelf Taoc ASR rack. They also make heavier SCB-RS-HC series iso boards which have two different spiking options. And unlike typical maple boards, they use constrained layer damping technology. I use one of those boards in lieu of the standard shelf for my Vitus SCD-025Mk2 with good results. Taoc's parent company is Toyota, so they have a healthy budget for R&D and can use their purchasing power and economies of scale to bring down prices to an affordable price point.

@Gwantommo I also own a Vitus amp as you may have noticed. I have it placed on a 2-shelf Taoc ASR rack. They also make heavier SCB-RS-HC series iso boards which have two different spiking options. And unlike typical maple boards, they use constrained layer damping technology. I use one of those boards in lieu of the standard shelf for my Vitus SCD-025Mk2 with good results. Taoc's parent company is Toyota, so they have a healthy budget for R&D and can use their purchasing power and economies of scale to bring down prices to an affordable price point.
Thanks I’d not heard of these guys before. Did you find them in the UK? I can’t find a dealer

Thanks I’d not heard of these guys before. Did you find them in the UK? I can’t find a dealer
I couldn't find a UK Dealer online either. So you'd have to email Taoc Japan and confirm who your closest Dealer is. Normally where there is no Dealer in your country, manufacturers will sell direct.

I use thick slabs of marble with isolation feet. They were made from leftover pieces from a memorial stonemasons and didn’t cost much.

advertisement

Back