advertisement

Amp & Speakers wanted to go with LP12

TheAuthor

pfm Member
Sorry to post here, but I don't have 'sufficient' privileges to post a 'wanted' add in the classifieds section.

Just bought an LP12 (1986) with Ittok arm and Dynavector cartridge and am looking for a used integrated amp and speakers to go with it.

Budget around £450 for speakers and same for amp.

Thinking along the lines of Rega Brio-R kind of thing, must have remote control.

Speakers, thinking along the lines of Spendor, Linn Ninka, Mission 753 sort of thing.

Really open to anything decent that anybody might have for sale. Too lazy to look through 390 pages of classifieds on here and there is no 'search' option.

Well Ninkas are really excellent and do appear on eBay if you’re willing to travel to collect a pair, I’m not over familiar with Spendor models so I can’t comment there.

Amp wise, the Brio would do it, or someone on here is selling a Kolektor/LK 85 that would work a treat if you go with Ninkas and could be expanded to take them active. Both the Brio R and Kolektor have MM phono stages so you’d need to use an MM ot high output MC cart (some Dynavector models are high output) with them unless you used an external phono stage. I do have a Cambridge Audio 651p that I’m selling if you do need an MC phono stage. Naim amps will also work well, something like a Nait 3 or a Nait 5 variant will offer good bang for buck and appear on here all the time.

Hi,

Agree with what linnfomaniac83 said, might include Linn Kans for your speakers, maybe even a pair of Linn Saras.

The Rega or Naim is a good choice and both will drive the Kans or Saras well.

Cheers

John

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
It’s just a case of using one of the inputs I do the same using a Nait Xs. I use a Dynavector p 75 Mk 2 phono stage which is excellent and versatile. Dynavector have just brought out a MK 4 so there may be some MK 1-3 on the second hand market.

Last edited:
Saras are very special and a pig to drive

so if choosing a Nait 5i (excellent amp) w/separate phonostage, something like the Ninkas, Keilidhs or perhaps Rega RS3/Rega Ela will perform excellent. Indeed the Elas are very good VFM if you can find a cared pair.

A Brio/R or Elex/R both with MM stage and remote is fine obviously on Regas own speakers, Brio/R will fit within budget.

Elex/R will not come within budget but you might be lucky to find it s/h along with cheaper speakers, both Rega suggested above are usually reasonable priced and the ElexR is an excellent amp too.
Regas recent RX speaker range are much more expensive than previous RS/R range.

Finally I would like to promote I'm selling a s/h Naim XS amp first generation - no phono, in the classified, partner with say some bookshelfs Royd Eden (which I also sell) yours at a total of Eur €1000.

Buy the Sara's that are in the trade classifieds with central audio and the JVC ax-Z1010TN that taff has for sale (this is an utterly stunning amp). You'll almost have the same setup as Flatpopely. Then there is even a sorted Sony 337 for sale too to complete the system. Should be fantastic.

...then part out the LP12 and buy a pink triangle ;-)

Speakers now sorted. Just bought some Focal 816v floorstanders in super condition for £350. By the way, the Dynavector is a high output MC cartridge, the 10x5 model, so need to remember this regarding choosing amp.

a Nait 5 is an excellent choice. i had one for years and it took a lot to beat it.

however -- again from personal experience -- the Dynavector P75 phono stage was made to partner your cartridge and is definitely what i'd get.

a Nait 5 is an excellent choice. i had one for years and it took a lot to beat it.

however -- again from personal experience -- the Dynavector P75 phono stage was made to partner your cartridge and is definitely what i'd get.

I'd never spend £800 on a phono stage, I can think of a few amps with built in phono stages at that price (used) that would be better than a Nait without phono stage.

Saras are very special and a pig to drive

so if choosing a Nait 5i (excellent amp) w/separate phonostage, something like the Ninkas, Keilidhs or perhaps Rega RS3/Rega Ela will perform excellent. Indeed the Elas are very good VFM if you can find a cared pair.

A Brio/R or Elex/R both with MM stage and remote is fine obviously on Regas own speakers, Brio/R will fit within budget.

Elex/R will not come within budget but you might be lucky to find it s/h along with cheaper speakers, both Rega suggested above are usually reasonable priced and the ElexR is an excellent amp too.
Regas recent RX speaker range are much more expensive than previous RS/R range.

Finally I would like to promote I'm selling a s/h Naim XS amp first generation - no phono, in the classified, partner with say some bookshelfs Royd Eden (which I also sell) yours at a total of Eur €1000.

Have you got some Royd Edens for sale?

advertisement

Back