advertisement

Amp says no! Advice please.

1964meb

pfm Member
Hi People.

I need a bit of advice.

My amps have gone out! The 72 ( rsl) avondale ps avondale ( zenor) 250 did their occasional make 'pst pst pst' type noises. They do this about every year or so. When this hapoens I switch off, disconnect / reconnect the cables / interconnects a few times and hey presto all is fine and dandy again.

Not this time.

My wife said she herd a muffled thump from the hifi then the silly 'pst' type noises. When I got home I switched off a disconnected / reconnected but the 72 is not lighting up. I have looked inside the 72 and the ps and see nothing burned out and there was no burning smell either. Still no lights on the 72.

Any advice for obvious things to check would be very welcome please.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

You need to get your 72 and PS to someone who can service this kit if its not the mains fuse. Yes they do die with age! At its simplest no light = no power. I've known the tants in a HiCap die resulting in no power to the pre amp but rather hot regulators!

Cheers,

DV

Sounds like power supply issue if the 72 has RSL boards then only the original relay board sorry don't know the number of the board in the 72. If you have a multimeter easy enough to check the power supply output.
Is power amp still powering up ok?

Wow! What a blinking faff! MAny thanks for the advice. After much lifting and faff it was indeed a 3amp fuse in the lead to the ps.

Am enjoying dead can dance to celebrate

Thanks again

Mike

advertisement

Back