advertisement

Amarra 3.0 and Amarra sQ

Alex S

carbon based lifeform
Trialling the sQ with Qobuz now - seems okay. No advice as yet on what settings to use so I'm leaving it as it came. May upgrade to 3.0 package later.

Anyone trying it?

Me, haven't downloaded yet, the Dirac plug in is good, looking forward to trying the sq,
DSD as well.
Keith.

I've tried various settings and whatnot and for some reason its sometimes 'crackly/spitty'. The same stream without sQ isn't...?!

I've enjoyed 2.6 with iRC room correction and it's worked without issue for me so I'm reluctant to touch this upgrade until dust settles.

For now, regardless of bugs, I've decided I don't even like what sQ is doing and have disabled it for now. I got big distortion on one track so Audio Hi-Jacked it and shoved it into iTunes - replayed fine, so it seems to be a Qobuz/streaming issue. It may end up being great but letting the dust settle seems like a wise move.

I'm having crackling issues with DSD and Hi Res 24/96 or higher. I've raised a support ticket and awaiting a response.
Hi Res AIFF works fine through iTunes but for some reason 3.0 doesn't like it in Playlist or Cache mode

Downloaded the sQ demo but the bloody thing is asking me for an activation and doesn't seem to have a demo option. :confused:

I got a set of numbers in an email when I requested a demo. I am starting to think that Audirvana + is the best option.

advertisement

Back