advertisement

Always fancied a bit of DIY...

MUTTY1

Waste of bandwidth
Many years ago I silver-wired a Rega arm and did plan out and source components to hardwire a couple of Richardson 111’s monoblock tubes that had pcb’s originally. The latter came to nothing but I’ve still got the multimeter and a temp-controlled soldering station. With my renewed interest in Hi fi I thought I’d just get a board and a few cheap components to play about with. Just a few quid I’m thinking. But I wasn’t expecting to get this...
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AC12V-6J...d=link&campid=5338728743&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

For £13 all sorts of fun and if I don’t screw up I can park it between a Mojo and my Avondale amps as a sort of round of applause:)

im hoping it arrives before my enthusiasm wanes and world war 111...

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Looks like fun.

Depending on the post/courier some chi-fi takes three weeks to arrive, some as much as ten. And some attracts VAT + collection charge, some escapes, irrespective of size/weight. It's a lottery.

Likewise, sorting the quality stuff from outright fakery can be tricky, but sometimes worth a punt.

(P.S. You did spot the power requirement?)

"6J1 tube buffer 0.85 times magnification, connected between the sound source and the pre- or post-class, can effectively the digital taste, vocals are more outstanding, bile taste, cost-effective! Value for money!"

"6J1 tube buffer 0.85 times magnification, connected between the sound source and the pre- or post-class, can effectively the digital taste, vocals are more outstanding, bile taste, cost-effective! Value for money!"

They are just getting their own back. I remember as a kid speaking in faux Chinese :)
I think it’s a good practise board. Cramped and doing the valve seats should be interesting...
I’ve had a lot of fishing gear from China without hassle, but things maybe changing. Getting stuff from Europe has become ‘interesting’ overnight.

I bought one of these preamps a few years ago. Mine was already built but as a keen DIyer I could play around with it if I wanted. If you google you may find reference to some (all?) of these designs suffering from ground hum. I tried a couple of suggested fixes, the first did nothing, but the second one fixed it completely and in my system it is totally silent throughout the whole volume range. If you find you have hum let me know and I give you details of how to remove it. Rob.

advertisement

Back