advertisement

Alternative phono stage for Rega P8 with Ania Pro MC (not Aria Mk3 or Graham Slee Reflex C)

I owned an Aurorasound Vida for several years, with a Koetsu Red. One of my favorite combinations. It's much more expensive though - £3K or so.

I tried an Aria several years ago on home dem. it was good, but not as good as the Huei to my ears.

I haven't heard the Hegel (but don't really like their amps), while the Fono is a downsized version of an Aria.
Yes the vida prima is around 1300€ .
Very popular at the moment in France .

That's the cheaper one I think. The original cost at least twice as much. It's a very good stage, but quite limited adjustabiity. I really miss having a mono switch, as well as a massive illuminated mute button....

That's the cheaper one I think. The original cost at least twice as much. It's a very good stage, but quite limited adjustabiity. I really miss having a mono switch, as well as a massive illuminated mute button....
Aurorasound Vida is a LCR phono stage as opposed to Prima , at extra cost it comes with extra loading options - Vida is an extremely good phono stage and I regret selling one ,
another option to consider is RCM Sensor 2, as good as Vida IMO, valve based BigBottle BB3 was quite good .

Hi @Tim Jones just wondered if you ever turn off your Chord Huei? it says in the manual that the settings are remembered so when you switch back on it will be as you set up. Not sure if the unit I've borrowed is doing that.

Thanks @Tim Jones Just tried mine again and same problem. It may be a faulty unit. I switched it back on and the rumble filter was no longer selected and I could not select it unless I was in MM mode. I then had to go into MC mode but then had to scroll through the impedance colours to get back to 100. Not having much luck with phono stages......

advertisement

Back