advertisement

[WTD] Alps volume pot for Nac42

Retro

pfm Member
Hi all,
I'm just getting around to fixing up my fairly early Nac42. It has been rather butchered but I plan to return it to original and need a Alps black volume pot. My one has the earlier, very simple 2 gang pot, which I would like to upgrade. I wonder if anyone might have one in a parts box that they could let go. I think this one is a 2x20k.
Regards,
Graham

Can you not use an alternative make? I reckon now that Alps pots are nowhere near as good as they once used to be.
I am impressed by TKD pots, namely the 2511 series. They are not like normal pots in that neither linear or logrithmic.
Act more like a ladder setup. Nice reassuring feel. Lot more expensive than most but I think worth it.

Hi all,
I'm just getting around to fixing up my fairly early Nac42. It has been rather butchered but I plan to return it to original and need a Alps black volume pot. My one has the earlier, very simple 2 gang pot, which I would like to upgrade. I wonder if anyone might have one in a parts box that they could let go. I think this one is a 2x20k.
Regards,
Graham
I upgraded the volume pot to ALPS Black Velvet in a Densen BEAT B100 many years ago. The last time I wanted one I couldn’t find one anywhere, are they superseded / discontinued?

I think production has moved to China. Or they might be knock offs . Either way not up to the original Japanese quality, apparently?
I was hoping someone might have broken a pre-amp or possibly installed a stepped attenuator.
I'm still looking.

Sorry, I think they were called Black Beauty, it’s the Blue ones that were Velvet.

The Alps 'black beauty' are long out of production I think, the Alps blue or 'Velvet' are still current production, their model number is RK27 available at Mouser etc, Rs did carry a motorised model at some point might still do?

The TDK pots are very good, best channel matching I've seen outside an attenuator based control, a bit smaller then an alps so that needs to be considersd, but a definite step up from the Alps in quality and price.

advertisement

Back