advertisement

[FS] Allo Digione, Rpi, case, sd card, wifi dongle, psu.

SteveH

pfm Member
I have a Rpi3 with Allo Digione HAT for sale. Comes with Allo case, SD card (picoreplayer loaded currently), usb wi-fi dongle, and PSU as pictured.
I've used it for the last few years with a pair of Kii Threes, streaming AIFF files wirelessly from an iMac, where it has put in an astonishing non-budget performance given the definite budget price. Be warned - you do need to be a little computer-savvy to use these, or at least that's been my experience.

Yours for £100

Not mad about the hassle of posting it, given it's a low value item, but very happy to dem in central Nottingham or I can deliver pretty much anywhere in London.

53241915182_671d23d594_k.jpg

53242790806_001a979b32_k.jpg

This is a bargain! If the buyer couples it with a Shanti psu they will enjoy the benefits of a very high quality streamer indeed. In my experience it will rival good quality Naim streamers for performance.

This is a bargain! If the buyer couples it with a Shanti psu they will enjoy the benefits of a very high quality streamer indeed. In my experience it will rival good quality Naim streamers for performance.
Thank you Sir!
I've been lazy about bumping this.
I really don't want the hassle of posting it etc. for such a low value item (had some bad past experiences with "lost" items etc.), so is there really not anyone in London / Nottingham who wants a great streamer for peanuts?

If I can help - "how computer savvy must one be?".

I have built several Raspberry Pi based streamers and a Pi based media server. I have had to learn and you may need to:

1. Follow instructions
  2. Be infinitely patient and persistent
  3. Find and join the user groups for the application that you want to use for streaming
  4. Download a Raspberry Pi operating system ( for music I prefer Volumio)
  5. Download and install onto your computer an application that will allow you write an operating system to an sd card
  6. Have wifi from your home router
  7. Download and install Fing ( https://www.fing.com/ ) so that you can find the IP address of your devices
  8. Have an appreciation of what IP addresses are
  9. Be prepared to operate the Raspberry Pi from a smartphone or tablet
Happy to share my experience if I can help.

Andrew

I do. How computer savvy must one be?
I think it can be quite a mission if you aren't slightly technical, or at least genuinely interested in learning.

How much of a mission depends on what software you use. Roon combined with Ropieee XL (the latter on the Pi) make for a very easy experience, although Roon has costs associated with it. Volumio is also one of the simplest out there to install and is free (depending on what bells and whistles you might need). LMS is a wonder and its free, but its a lot more fiddly to get running in my experience.

I think Andrew (previous post) has hit the nail on the head. Probably the most telling point of all is appreciation if what an IP address is. If you don't know this I would steer clear of Pi's as its a big step without at least some of the basics.

Best of luck !

I do. How computer savvy must one be?
That's a tricky one. I'm trying to sell it, so the obvious answer is "it will jump out of the box and set itself up", but that would be fibbing.
In reality, I got it working pretty quickly when I bought it, moved house a year or so back, and then had real problems at my new address. Nothing to do with the hardware - it's all network issues. I rapidly had to find out what an "IP address scanner" was, for example. Pretty much all of my issues were down to the fact that I was trying to stream files wirelessly from the HD of an iMac. Just banging a portable usb drive into it was easy to get up and running. I also used it with Ropieee when I had a free Roon trial and that was a complete doddle.

Or, you could take the view that it's cheap and have a lash.

advertisement

Back