advertisement

All purpose Championship football thread

These deals involving youngsters going for huge sums in either direction are the latest way around FFP apparently. Expect to see a lot more of them.

These deals involving youngsters going for huge sums in either direction are the latest way around FFP apparently. Expect to see a lot more of them.
I don't think the Gray/Rodon deal is a PSR work around Gav but there are some 'whiffy' deals going on at the moment. Found it quite funny that Gray is looking forward to playing in the Europa League and then 'eventually' the Champions League, musn't be staying at Spurs that long then!

Cheers BB

I don't think the Gray/Rodon deal is a PSR work around Gav but there are some 'whiffy' deals going on at the moment. Found it quite funny that Gray is looking forward to playing in the Europa League and then 'eventually' the Champions League, musn't be staying at Spurs that long then!

Cheers BB
I don' t know it's how it appears on the books over 3 years.

I don' t know it's how it appears on the books over 3 years.
It's a load of profit for Leeds and whatever they value Rodon at will be split over the length of his contract. They've lost a great prospect but gained a good striker and helped their own financial position, it's a good deal for them IMO, especially if they've got a sell on. I don't see this as a 'dodgy' deal and it's not in my usual nature to defend Leeds.

Cheers BB

It's a load of profit for Leeds and whatever they value Rodon at will be split over the length of his contract. They've lost a great prospect but gained a good striker and helped their own financial position, it's a good deal for them IMO, especially if they've got a sell on. I don't see this as a 'dodgy' deal and it's not in my usual nature to defend Leeds.

Cheers BB
Spurs are over-paying for an unproven 18 year old who didn't exactly set the Championship alight and by a very wide margin. There must be something somewhere. £30m odd buys you a proven PL/European player with full international experience. Dewsbury-Hall has moved today for £30m, for example albeit not an international but still young and a part of the Leicester setup for some time.

Anyway the general point holds I think.

advertisement

Back