advertisement

All CoOp stores are not the same

colinp

pfm Member
When asking why the offer on my CoOp app had not worked, I was told that it only applies to stores with the blue signage, the one I was in had green!

Yes, I’ve experienced similar.
I can’t work out where my card does or doesn’t work.

I was told they are a different company when i tried to use my blue card in a green coop. The blue stores have appalling staffing levels or at least every store I have stood in a que six deep whilst two members of staff look on whilst filling the shelfs.

Reactions: MJS
It depends on which region the Co-op is in. In the town where my mum lives, there are two: one is East Midlands Co-op, the other East Anglia. Different offers and you can't use the same card in both to get your divi.

The Cooperative Group is comprised of 22 separate cooperative companies which in themselves have separate divisions. My mother works for Midcounties coop funeral care, she can get staff discount at coop travel and food stores belonging to Midcounties Coop, and their energy department... she can’t get staff discount in other parts of the country, because they’re separate businesses... yeah, it confuses me too and I used to be a bramd ambassador for Midcounties Coop. But basically, the separate cooperatives within the cooperative group are financially independent of each other, so offers, membership cards and staff discounts aren’t transferrable between the different cooperatives... you may as well try and use your Clubcard vouchers in Morrison’s.

Yup, as above.
I used to deal with Coop South West Group back in the day but the not the entire lump, just a sub-section involving 18 stores if memory serves.

My parents' Co-op divvy number (90747) is one of the few things I remember from my childhood.

I don't really mind that all CoOps are not the same, and to be honest I would never have known if it wasn't for this thread.

I support my local CoOp despite the fact that the range of fresh food is a bit restricted, of poorer quality, and more expensive than my local Tesco. I do this because it isn't Tesco, and anyway I do my main shop a bit further away in Sainsbury's, which these days is no better, and possibly slightly worse, than Tesco. I wish we had a local Waitrose.

I don't really mind that all CoOps are not the same, and to be honest I would never have known if it wasn't for this thread.

I support my local CoOp despite the fact that the range of fresh food is a bit restricted, of poorer quality, and more expensive than my local Tesco. I do this because it isn't Tesco, and anyway I do my main shop a bit further away in Sainsbury's, which these days is no better, and possibly slightly worse, than Tesco. I wish we had a local Waitrose.

An ex-work colleague, usually a Sainsbury's customer, had to go to a Co-op once when he was on holiday somewhere or other. He said it was like travelling back in time to Eastern Europe when the Iron Curtain was still in place.

our coop is very variable. They are good for last minute veg, potatoes, onions etc. Sometimes they have nice wine offers. Their chicken, eggs, dairy stuff is OK, if they have stock which they often don't.

But the people that work there don't enforce mask wearing or social distancing.

Co-op wine up here in Scotland is extremely good and beats the Tesco, Asda, Sainsburys for choice and quality hands down.

advertisement

Back