advertisement

Alien V & Prometheus 2 both in the works?

palindrome

Thru a hedge, backwards and forwards.
According to on-line Variety, Neill Blomkamp will direct Alien 5 whilst Ridley Scott continues with his Prometheus odyssey. Both these projects appear not to be written yet (last I read, Scott was on draft 15 of Prometheus, and counting!).

The cynic in me wonders whether this is so much hot air and wishful thinking - and Variety looking to generate website traffic. They claim 'sources' have provided this information, and Blomkamp's self-proclaming 'instagram' as confirmation.

I'll believe it when Fox release an official statement.

What say you?

I say no, enough. The world doesn't need another Alien movie. It just doesn't. The first two was plenty. It doesn't need another Prometheus movie, either, given the depth of stupidity to which it sunk. In fact, I'm not even sure the world needs another Ridley Scott movie. He hasn't made anything decent since, ooh, Blade Runner, and I now I hear he's planning a sequel. Is it possible to stop him via a crowd fund?

Alien should have been left well alone after the wonderful (though not as scary) second film, Prometheus should never had been made, it was poor.

@JustJohn

I agree that Scott's recent output has been well below par - 'The Councellor', 'Exodus'. And I have a love/hate relationship with Prometheus.

However, do you not think 'Thelma and Louise', 'Gladiator', 'Black Hawk Down' and 'American Gangster' have some merit? Subjectively, I think Scott's story-telling in these particular films is quite powerful, at times captivating. But his best work was clearly early on in his career with Alien and BladeRunner.

If we do get another Prometheus, it may prove to be another disappointment; but, personally, I remain interested in seeing whether or not he can still demonstrate the qualities he once brought to the table.

Perhaps he can make the Prometheus that should have been made the first time around. Then maybe we can forget that effort which didnt live up to its potential.

Ridley has done some great work and I expected more depth from him. It just seemed a film made by accountants ticking cgi boxes.

Ive a feeling Alien 5 will just be another run and gun trashy film. The first one was great but it was all downhill from there.

I watched Prometheus and thought it was fine. It's just a retelling of Pinocchio with a few squidgy bits and the inevitable android vomiting white fluid. I don't go a bunch on violence but I cannot for the life of me remember the film details.

Some woman chose to believe. Gets impregnated with alien. Magically removes alien by performing a cc on herself.

Audience laughs. Some walk out.

I am told that Prometheus is a bit Marmite, some loved it whilst some loathed it. I have to say I enjoyed it but frighteningly can't remember much about it. Must watch it again when its on the box.

I had no idea there were plans for a decent film of Lovecraft's 'At the Mountains of Madness'; I hope that happens but will it still be set in Antarctica I wonder?

Funny that, I was reading up on the Prometheus sequel this morning. There are definite plans for a Prometheus 2 and a further Alien sequel. According to Ridley Scott the Prometheus story line is arcing away from the Alien storyline now...we will see. If you google Prometheus sequel you will get the latest.
I watched Prometheus once and yes I did forget a lot of it...but I will get the blu ray and watch it again soon. I have a 19 year old granddaughter who like to watch such movies with her granddad...that's my excuse !

Some woman chose to believe. Gets impregnated with alien. Magically removes alien by performing a cc on herself.

Audience laughs. Some walk out.

Ah yes, the surgical machine was definitely

80274bc894ca57d8608b51368bd5d21c-d5134bk.png

advertisement

Back