advertisement

Albums to shake your woofers

Dave G

pfm Member
My vote is Me'Shell Ndegeocello's - Peace Beyound Passion. I just love this album.

So what do you play to give your woofers a 'work-out'??

Node by Node
Redshift by Redshift

Plenty of bass courtesy of some vintage Moog modulars. :cool:

Incubus "Morning View" has some cracking bass.
51kW8d2WFVL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Also Steve Fister's "Age Of Great Dreams" can rattle the fillings:
51X391CoylL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Heavy dub reggae normally does it, but there is a track on Transglobal Underground's 'International Times' CD called 'Jatayu' which has something seismic going on around 4 min in. My poor system has never been able to resolve just what is making that noise :(

Spacemonkeyz v. Gorillaz - Laika Come Home

cover.jpg

It's a very dubbed up interpretation of the forst Gorillaz album - virtually unrecogisable for the most part and includes contributions from Terry Hall, U Brown and Earl 16.

It's way better than Gorillaz in my opinion and has some serious woofer shaking action going on.

For a different approach i'd suggest something with organ -try Jóhann Jóhannsson's Virðulegu Forsetar. It's basically for brass and organ with the organ playing very long low drones through most of the pieces.

There is also a 5.1 DVD Audio mix which I haven't heard being a 2 channel type of guy - might be interesting.

Cesare

For a different approach i'd suggest something with organ -try Jóhann Jóhannsson's Virðulegu Forsetar. It's basically for brass and organ with the organ playing very long low drones through most of the pieces.

There is also a 5.1 DVD Audio mix which I haven't heard being a 2 channel type of guy - might be interesting.

Cesare

After a quick 5 minute scan of the web Johann Johannsson's stuff sounds like something I might like. Will check it out - thanks.

advertisement

Back