advertisement

Alan Turing

Yes, considering how many others get apologies and pardons these days it is surprising this hasn`t happened years ago.
What might he have achieved had he been allowed to live his life as he wished?

Coincidentally, I noticed this plaque has appeared in Cambridge, just outside King's College:

null_zps58ab7782.jpg

Yes Sir Alan Turing should be pardoned, I am baffled why Govts find it difficult to overturn or pardon things done wrongly by previous Govts or courts. I guess it must be fear of being sued or admitting someone got it wrong.

(Yes I know he isn't a Sir but if Branson can get knighted when convicted of tax avoidance or Mcartney for drugs then he bloody well should be)

The establishment just doesn't like to admit past failings. It's the same with the armed forces too. Painful to observe, and it holds our nation back from greater achievements. In my opinion, of course.

The establishment just doesn't like to admit past failings. It's the same with the armed forces too. Painful to observe, and it holds our nation back from greater achievements. In my opinion, of course.

If those responsible for the decision to show past failings were at school with stuffy Fotherington, then they are less likely to enable them to come to light. Its a bit like Chilcot writing to tell all the people in the Iraq enquiry if they mind the criticism.

advertisement

Back