advertisement

Aftermarket Power Cord Recommendation for Naim\Pardo

I use Synergistic Research Purple fuses exclusively in my system. Deployed in the fuse drawers.

I'm also adding Nordost Frey 2 to the list of Power cords to audition.
If you're considering Nordost then look at 2nd hand Crystal Cables, the only power cord I've heard to make a significant improvement in sound, but at a cost. I'm assuming you are in the USA so why not look at these two companies at a more reasonable cost.

https://www.harmonictech.com/ and https://analysis.plus/

Regarding SR Fusee. In my experience you can hear the difference in directionality. Facing the correct direction the sound has better low end torque, midrange and controlled high frequencies and cohesiveness. Facing the other (wrong) direction the sound becomes brighter and fatiguing. That's my experience.

If you're considering Nordost then look at 2nd hand Crystal Cables, the only power cord I've heard to make a significant improvement in sound, but at a cost. I'm assuming you are in the USA so why not look at these two companies at a more reasonable cost.

Thank you Salamander for the positive contributions. Years back I owned a Analysis Pro Oval power cord and used it on a Mark Levinson no.334 dual mono amp with good results. Priced to performance ratio was great results.

If you are going to sell this stuff you need believers. pfm has a few but they are an ever dwindling group.
What I’ve always enjoyed about pfm is the focus on value, vintage and affordable good quality sound at home. These cable threads are rare on pfm now and getting rarer for good reasons.

Regarding SR Fusee. In my experience you can hear the difference in directionality. Facing the correct direction the sound has better low end torque, midrange and controlled high frequencies and cohesiveness. Facing the other (wrong) direction the sound becomes brighter and fatiguing. That's my experience.
With all due respect to your experience, I think that you are being deceived and or imagining that there's a difference. Supply fuses run on AC so the electricity flows both ways and changes direction every fraction of a second. 50 cycles, and all that. If the fuse were directional you would have a diode and the wave would be rectified. Half wave rectification is just this.

At Synergistic Research we absolutely keep track of signal directionality in our fuses, it goes in the direction of the letter flow on the fuse. Left to right. But we can’t however predict how this directionality will interact with any given circuit, we simply do not have the resources to evaluate directionality for all components on the market today. No company does. But as for directionality in the fuse, it funs in the direction of the lettering on the fuse and is 100% consistent from Fuse to Fuse.

Yours in music, Ted Denney
Lead Designer Synergistic Research Inc.
Anyone want to buy some magic beads? Or some gravel in an earthing box? Or look after some money for a Nigerian prince?

The mind is an extraordinary thing. It's power to convince us of things is real. It's part of being homo sapien and in part is responsible for our success as a species.
The ability of people who exploit this for financial gain is also very real. Perhaps they believe it themselves, perhaps their charlatans.

I can't get my head round how they can make a difference so have never purchased any, but it seems many folk are very happy with these aftermarket fuses. Maybe one day I'll treat myself but it certainly won't be one of those £500+ jobbies.

I can't get my head round how they can make a difference so have never purchased any, but it seems many folk are very happy with these aftermarket fuses. Maybe one day I'll treat myself but it certainly won't be one of those £500+ jobbies.
I tried the AMR good ones and noticed nothing but the SR orange was something different, just sounded bigger and better defined, especially bass.

At Synergistic Research we absolutely keep track of signal directionality in our fuses, it goes in the direction of the letter flow on the fuse. Left to right. But we can’t however predict how this directionality will interact with any given circuit, we simply do not have the resources to evaluate directionality for all components on the market today. No company does. But as for directionality in the fuse, it funs in the direction of the lettering on the fuse and is 100% consistent from Fuse to Fuse.

Yours in music, Ted Denney
Lead Designer Synergistic Research Inc.
And yet the boss of Shunyata postulates that you can’t think of an electrical power setup like water flowing from a tank, because the power flow “goes both ways”.

Surely one of them must be wrong!!

Anyone want to buy some magic beads? Or some gravel in an earthing box? Or look after some money for a Nigerian prince?

Have you tried using the SR Fuses in your system? If not then your comments are unwarranted, based based on less science than I'm offering. Synergistic Research has a 100%.money back guarantee..I would suggest trying their products before making your final decision.

Ifc you are going to sell this stuff you need believers. pfm has a few but
I tried the AMR good ones and noticed nothing but the SR orange was something different, just sounded bigger and better defined, especially bass.
they are an ever dwindling group.
What I’ve always enjoyed about pfm is the focus on value, vintage and affordable good quality sound at home. These cable threads are rare on pfm now and getting rarer for good reasons.

If your nuot interested in this cable thread and don't have anything positive to offernforr then don't bother from logging in.

Have you tried using the SR Fuses in your system? If not then your comments are unwarranted, based based on less science than I'm offering. Synergistic Research has a 100%.money back guarantee..I would suggest trying their products before making your final decision.
No, and I haven't gone to Nigeria to prove that the prince with millions of dollars isn't really a prince and hasn't got millions of dollars either, or the Moon to check that it's not made of cheese.
There's no science that makes a directional fuse. Anyone who tells you otherwise is deluding you. If you want to believe that there is and your $200 fuse makes your system sound better, be my guest. I'll file it alongside the £50 a pot face cream that 76% of 91 women thought made their skin look younger. Wishful thinking is a powerful thing.

Congratulations on the orange fuse success. I've used the orange as well and in my system it portable a very good holographic soundstage. A nice Investment.

Last edited:
A fuse is just a very low ohmic resistor. There is no electrical property that you can measure as being different from one side of it to the other that can possibly have a measurable effect after the last cap on the other side of the main psu.

They don't magically align or polish electrons.

No, and I haven't gone to Nigeria to prove that the prince with millions of dollars isn't really a prince and hasn't got millions of dollars either, or the Moon to check that it's not made of cheese.
There's no science that makes a directional fuse. Anyone who tells you otherwise is deluding you. If you want to believe that there is and your $200 fuse makes your system sound better, be my guest. I'll file it alongside the £50 a pot face cream that 76% of 91 women thought made their skin look younger. Wishful thinking is a powerful thing.
Me thinks you're afraid of the results that you will gain by adding a SR Fuse.

Are you ok? I think we should get a paramedic round!
not yet, I want to sell my own version of the SR Acoustic Enhancement Box. Theirs is £2000. Mine will be considerably less expensive, unless customers want the deluxe version which is, naturally, more expensive.

The only disappointing aspect of the SR item is that it has nowhere for one of their fuses. In fact it has no connections at all.

advertisement

Back