advertisement

Aftermarket Power Cord Recommendation for Naim\Pardo

It is rather tedious to have any thread pertaining to cables immediately overrun by people who clearly don't believe they can make any difference and thus inevitably reduced to a pointless slanging match -

If you find, or indeed "know" that changing mains cables is pointless, good for you - you can save your money for other ways to enhance your system, but as to why you feel compelled by some missionary zeal to "educate" everyone else is what I find baffling - why not just let people get on with it FFS, it's not your money they're spending

To address the OP: I have found subtle differences between mains cables (I am neither seeking or offering an explanation for this as it is well beyond my area of expertise) - not all of these differences have been positive, but I can recommend trying the Puritan Classic (I preferred this to the Classic+) and Missing Link Orbit

I'd be quite happy to try more expensive mains cables, but I am completely unwilling to pay for them, because they are mains cables 🙂

Crazy option for Naim when there’s a Power line. And even PL lite for free in the box.
The Power Line in the US has different terminations at the male end then in the UK. My US Naim dealer recommended the TibiaPlus12 Deep-Cryo for my budget. I own several and they're adequate but I'm looking for higher performance. In addition none of my units came with a PL or Lite.

Seriously now. Hifi Collective have some nice wire and plugs if you would like to diy?
I've gone the DIY route using Furutech wire and connectors. The sound? I would say it was a step up from the TibiaPlus12 Deep-Cryo from AV Options but nothing spectacular.

What about Pardo?
What about budget?
I've ordered the Teddy Pardo XPS and my budget is flexible. Today I ordered
Three Less Loss C-Marc Prime for sources and a C-Mark Classic for the Integrated Amplifier. In addition I ordered a Firewall 640X for the nDAC.

In different ways. They can be screened or not therefore noise from power supplies can travel through the screen or rfi can impact those without the screen. Then damping - any vibration of the conductor creates magnetic field. Then dielectric - em energy is concentrated around the wires and can polarize it. Then basic l,c,r parameters, cable is a part of the chain after all.
OK, all simple parameters and easy to measure. Who's done the measurements, and where are they written up? Because a manufacturer who provides evidence of what you claim is going to clean up.

OK, all simple parameters and easy to measure. Who's done the measurements, and where are they written up? Because a manufacturer who provides evidence of what you claim is going to clean up.

But what measurements? How the particular user likes the sound? This is what matters after all. Manufacturers have zero problems in fact, good power cable impact is big and obvious however can be a matter of taste as everything. It’s the same as asking for measurements that will answer what is better, Tannoy or ATC? The answer is very much user dependent.

…but as to why you feel compelled by some missionary zeal to "educate" everyone else is what I find baffling

It’s because there may well be some gullible newcomers to the hobby, with a limited grasp of the physics involved, who might actually believe this nonsense. The true believers, such as yourself, can safely ignore the naysayers and spend your money however you wish.

advertisement

Back