advertisement

Aftermarket Power Cord Recommendation for Naim\Pardo

twochannelguy

I'm seeking recommendations for power cords for my Naim\Pardo system. I'm currently using Audio Envy Expanded exclusively.

Power line for sure into the Naim components, it’s a beautiful synergy (junior Puritans are ok for the price but will significantly limit the potential definitely)

I understand that Wireworld's Silver Electra 7 is very good on sounce components. The Silver version will add a measure of improved dynamics (Bass and Treble) on a cd./sacd players and DAC's. On the down side, the cable is not suitable for amplifiers. I'm a big proponent of running a full loom of power cords. For your guidance, I am domiciled in the US so I'll be using a USA wall plug and a 15 amp IEC.

The feedback so far has been most useful. I'm looking for a cable that just gets out of the way and doesn't color the music.

I started with Russ Andrews/Kimber, then MCRU then Coherent - the best I have heard
Not cheap but can be found 2nd hand
Have heard good things of Puritan

Really? Why?

So it appears.
It's been my experience that running a cable with noise reduction on amplifiers has a negative overall effect. I once had a full loom of Shunyata Research cables EF and NR cables, the NR negatively impacted the sound of the amplifier. The EF and XC sounded much better.

It's been my experience that running a cable with noise reduction on amplifiers has a negative overall effect. I once had a full loom of Shunyata Research cables EF and NR cables, the NR negatively impacted the sound of the amplifier. The EF and XC sounded much better.
How does a mains cable reduce noise more than a different one?

How does a mains cable reduce noise more than a different one?

In different ways. They can be screened or not therefore noise from power supplies can travel through the screen or rfi can impact those without the screen. Then damping - any vibration of the conductor creates magnetic field. Then dielectric - em energy is concentrated around the wires and can polarize it. Then basic l,c,r parameters, cable is a part of the chain after all.

Lol, so this 'noise' that's millions of times lower in level than the 50hz AC 'noise' on the mains cable, somehow couples to the cable, passes through an inlet iec filter, mains transformer, rectifiers, psu caps and then on through various additional psu stages local regs, psu rail decoupling caps and the psrr of the circuit to do it's business..

It really doesn't.

That's as stupid as saying a damped mains cable reduces vibration. When the source of vibration is the 50hz toriodal jack hammer inside the box.

advertisement

Back