advertisement

affordable optical gems

Another nice lens for reasonable money secondhand is the extra-low dispersion or ED version of the Nikkor 180mm f/2.8 AI-s.

nikon_ais_180mm_2.8_ed.jpg

I found a mint used one a few years ago for a couple of hundred Canuck clams. It's not that heavy and with its built-in lens hood it's not that big either.

Joe

If you're using flickr, you can post the url directly here without using the little picture icon ritual.
Go to Flickr, select share photo icon, a little curved arrow, of the four options on the top of the box it then gives you select BBcode, then decide the size you want to display I wouldn't make the top measurement more than 1600, or the height more than 1000.
Click on the line of code it's given you in the box, select copy ctrl + c to be on the safe side, come to pink fish and paste the code directly into the window, ctrl + v.
Should display ok then. Hope this helps.

Thanks. On my ipad I only see three options on the share icon in the flickr app: Save image, copy URL and set cover photo. Still baffled how to post an image! Joe, how did you get the one above to work? Sorry to divert the thread.

Thanks. On my ipad I only see three options on the share icon in the flickr app: Save image, copy URL and set cover photo. Still baffled how to post an image! Joe, how did you get the one above to work? Sorry to divert the thread.

Its quite tortuous to post from the flickr app on phone/ipad, much easier in a proper browser on a computer

I think I found a way. Copy the URL from the flickr app and paste in the safari browser title bar which takes you to flickr web site where you can then copy the BBC code.

Anyway, back on topic, here’s an image from the Canon 35mm f2.8 FDn which I paid £70 for. The film was FP4+ and I used a Heliopan 8 filter. The camera was a T70 which I bought for £18! Despite the cheesy 80’s looks and noisy winder, it is quite a nice camera to shoot.

Untitled by Andrew D, on Flickr

I can't do it at all from my phone!

Andrew,

Joe, how did you get the one above to work? Sorry to divert the thread.

I'll explain later — I have something I need to do tonight — but these screen captures will help explain the steps.

ZZlRsWE.png

4NGOc7S.png

Joe

Thanks Joe, I think I have got it sorted now. The workflow is a bit more convoluted on an ipad, but I don’t like using computers unless I have to. I spend enough time in front of them for work.

advertisement

Back