advertisement

Advice on value - Ayon Mercury

Hi Helpful PFM Folk
I'm thinking of changing up my amp for some monoblocks. It's a lovely Ayon Mercury SET integrated amp in perfect condition with remote control. It's the original and not the MkII.
My problem is I just can't find any for sale, past for present, to gauge a fair price to advertise it for.
Any thoughts/suggestions gratefully received.
Many thanks
The Godbotherer
x

Yes, thanks Weirdness - I did have a quick squint on there, but a) there's very few if any MK1's, b) there aren't any UK values, even for MKII's and c) most are quite old.
Might just have to take a punt I suppose; just don't want to undersell it because it's a beautiful and superly engineered thing! (Talking myself out of selling it here!)

emporium
  • AYON Sunfire 30 watt single ended triode valve amp £3000
not sure how close that is to yours

whatever you do be realistic in pricing else it will not sell

Ayon has never really been well established in the UK, partly down to poor distribution, imo. Judging from other Ayon kit I've seen come on to the market (much of it hangs around for ages unless very keenly priced) I think you should be looking at around 30-40% of original RRP. I've seen excellent ex dem CD players just months old struggle to get 50-55% of retail.

Of course, its worth to you may be much greater than its secondhand value. As ever, something is only worth what someone else is prepared to pay.

Last edited:

advertisement

Back