advertisement

Advice - bluetooth / streaming device?

JezmondTutu

pfm Member
So I’ve used an Apple TV 3 into my Weiss dac for lazy Spotify listening and it’s sounded pretty good.

Only thing is I was using the optical output and I now have my new LG OLED tv connected to the dac.

So looking for another solution! I have a spare coax input.

I’ve a Mac Mini connected to the dac via firewire but I have tended to move away from stored music files to Spotify and assume I can’t simply play via the Mac from my phone?

Assuming that isn’t the case, any recommendations for a piece of kit that gives me the facility to play via a music subscription service on my phone and possibly with a good bluetooth input too?

Is there a Bose thingy that will do that? The noise cancelling headphones will play from a smartphone via blue tooth. Perhaps they make a dongle thingy that does the same thing?

The Bluesound looks great, though don’t actually need a product with a dac. Just wondering if there is anything else out there.

I’ve a Mac Mini connected to the dac via firewire but I have tended to move away from stored music files to Spotify and assume I can’t simply play via the Mac from my phone?

Well If you have the Spotify Desktop on the Mac then it will be seen as a Spotify-Connect client from your phone.

You will then need something to play the output from the mac (either into the dac via usb/spdif, or from the mac optical into the amp via suitable cable, if the mac supports it)

It's all a compromise. n'est-ce pas ? o_O c'est la vie ;)

Well If you have the Spotify Desktop on the Mac then it will be seen as a Spotify-Connect client from your phone.

You will then need something to play the output from the mac (either into the dac via usb/spdif, or from the mac optical into the amp via suitable cable, if the mac supports it)

It's all a compromise. n'est-ce pas ? o_O c'est la vie ;)

Lol indeed and thanks! My Mac Mini connects to the dac via Firewire, it’s asynchronous so in theory (not that it means anything in the hifi world!) it should deliver good sound. Guess I’d just got lazy as the ATV works so well!

Well I’ve fiddled with the Mac Mini and Iphone is now working with Spotify. No need to splash out! Thanks for the advice all.

advertisement

Back