advertisement

Accuphase ICs

I do not have a clue what this thread is about, sorry interconnects, why do people do this, say what it is in english, and stop trying to be cool, as you are not , the rest of reply has been deleted, as the swearing was not AAugghh :mad:
Bad day huh? IC is a commonly used term. If you weren't aware if it, it wasn't hard to work out was it?
Leave the man alone.

I do not have a clue what this thread is about, sorry interconnects, why do people do this, say what it is in english, and stop trying to be cool, as you are not , the rest of reply has been deleted, as the swearing was not AAugghh :mad:

I’m old enough to remember when ICE meant frozen water, then it morphed into “internal combustion engine” and had for years! Then someone decided it now meant “ in car entertainment”. Now it’s associated with digital amplifier modules, give us old farts a chance please.

In the context of this thread I did think interconnects but it’s not uncommon for members on here to head their post with some statement that means absolutely nothing to me which means a new window to try and work out what on Earth we’re talking about!:D.

How difficult is it to add “software” to “anyone using xxxxx”?

I eventually clicked on the banner ad at the top of the page as I was convinced for whatever reason the Temu ads were something from the adult industry:D!

I’m old enough to remember when ICE meant frozen water, then it morphed into “internal combustion engine” and had for years! Then someone decided it now meant “ in car entertainment”. Now it’s associated with digital amplifier modules, give us old farts a chance please.

In the context of this thread I did think interconnects but it’s not uncommon for members on here to head their post with some statement that means absolutely nothing to me which means a new window to try and work out what on Earth we’re talking about!:D.

How difficult is it to add “software” to “anyone using xxxxx”?

I eventually clicked on the banner ad at the top of the page as I was convinced for whatever reason the Temu ads were something from the adult industry:D!

£6.28 well spent, I’m sure.

Hi, thanks for the back-up, people do this all the time,
Having a problem with my 916, its running to hot, (reply can you put a fan on it) no it's a motorbike, Ducati 916, :rolleyes:

Would you post that on a car forum? Or on a motorbike forum? :rolleyes:
Still, you now understand what it means. Do you have any useful input to share?

There’s an Accuphase forum on AudioAficionado where you may post your question with a productive result.
There will be more members with experience of these cables

I have a couple which came with my DAC. Does anyone use them, and have an opinion on them?

I am assuming that's the DC-37, and therefore the cable is the brown one?

I also have a DC-37 and use the brown cable, the C-2120 I own came with a blue cable. I since bought some brown cables second hand for a good price for the rest of system. (all with RCA plugs)

My findings & comments:
  • I think that the brown cable (subjectively) sounds a bit better than the blue cable - perhaps a bit more refined for lack of a better word?
  • I wouldn't pay the full price for the brown cables though as I find it a bit extreme - look for them online
  • I appreciate that Accuphase supplies their own cables, so it takes the guesswork out of choosing the "right" cable out of the gazillion different brands out there
Regarding the last point, I try to be openminded re cables but I generally prefer if the manufacturer does the homework here and supplies what they think is best for their product so I don't have to obsess over it - a bit like naim (don't know if they still do that though)

I use the blue Accuphase RCA cables between my C2150 and A36 (included when I purchased the amps second hand).
I haven’t felt the need to change them to anything else. One day I will try balanced cables between the pre and power but not possible now because of my rack (shelf support right where the XLR cables connect!).

I did send an email to an Accuphase dealer about the price of these cables and they indicated that the UK Accuphase distributor doesn’t import the interconnects. There have been reports of counterfeit Accuphase cables so be careful if buying on ebay.

advertisement

Back