advertisement

Accuphase Amps

johnacurtis

pfm Member
Has anyone got any experience of Accuphase amps, particularly integrated amps? I'm thinking of getting an E370 to replace a Supernait 2.
Just after anyone's experience good or bad?
Sound quality, reliability, etc!

I have listened to the model in question at a dealer.
They are very good, but more than I wanted to pay
The build is exceptional and you will get good reviews from the people who have them

I've heard that amp and thought it was very good indeed. A big step up on a Supernait 2, although I confess I haven't heard them side by side, only separately. In fact I've never heard an Accuphase amp I didn't really enjoy.

I have heard an E370 a while ago and liked it!
I am going to listen to the E370 this coming weekend and to compare directly with a Supernait 2 with and without a hicap.
Hoping to be pleasantly surprised!
But not sure if it is a "rock" amp!

I am going to listen to the E370 this coming weekend and to compare directly with a Supernait 2 with and without a hicap.
Oh yes, definitely!
And jazz. Unquestionably!
And classical...
And girl and guitar...

Sorry, I meant I listened to an E270 a while ago, so hopefully the E370 will be better even!
I will be taking my Shahinian Compasses in to listen with!

great , takes a lot to beat a sn2 !

I had a E308 that easily powered my Peak Consult Princess Signature speakers, but the sound was too lean for my liking. I put this mainly down to the speakers as they just don't do a warm presentation with SS amps. The amp was well built and probably sounded much better in the next owners system. I wouldn't mind hearing it again with my current speakers.

If You're looking at Accuphase, have you considered Luxman? I went from the very good SN2 to the excellent Luxman L-505ux ii.
Drool. I keep getting severely tempted by those. The used ones on eBay from Japan are within my 'budget' but are 100V, and who knows about import duties!

....and possibly VAT as well.

There have been a few used 505's UK spec for sale on fleabay recently. Its where I got mine, though it was from a dealer with a 12 month warranty. They really are wonderful sounding amps...and they look great too.

I went from a SuperNAIT (original) with a Teddycap to a Luxman L550Aii, no regrets - it sounds better on nearly every track. To my surprise it even works better on compressed heavy metal recordings.

I have Accuphase. Will never go back to another make. There not laid back as a lot of people say.

Build quality is exemplary. You will not find anything better.

Plug in boards are a bonus either phono or a high class DAC.

Thanks all for the comments!
Not sure where I can compare Luxman, Naim and Accuphase too, but my local Naim dealer also sells Accuphase. I'm near Yeovil, Somerset!

advertisement

Back