advertisement

[FS] Accuphase A-36 Class A power amplifier

The Bish

pfm Member
For sale is a rather lovely Accuphase A-36 power amp with rated power of 30W into 8ohm and 60W into 4 ohm but with double that in real performance. I recently acquired this amp from AndrewD here on PFM to compare with my Luxman 550AXii integrated, and have decided to keep the Luxman on the basis that it is a marginally better match for my speakers. So this is up for sale at a bargain price of £2575, with no offers please. The amp is from 2018, comes in original packaging and accessories, and is in perfect condition other than a small light mark on the rear of the top cover plate which I have tried to photograph in the last couple of pictures below. The facia and the side cheeks have no scratches or dings. Delivery will be at buyer’s cost via courier or you can collect from me in North Birmingham or can meet up or drop off within a reasonable radius.

Z1GdJXkl.jpg

AHJ7QE9l.jpg

zpitZ4xl.jpg

2zg3Yanl.jpg

9ZxBHQal.jpg

RKEZhFXl.jpg

A8HwIkXl.jpg

ddnLtopl.jpg

qdR3EY5l.jpg

aM4aut7l.jpg

cFlLn4Sl.jpg

I really enjoyed my time with this amp. I am still saving the pennies for the next Accuphase amp that will replace it, which will cost nearly 3x more.
It's a beautiful amp with great finesse. Shame I can only justify having one class A Japanese amp at a time! Great buy for someone as Accuphase class A amps don't come up very often.

It's a beautiful amp with great finesse. Shame I can only justify having one class A Japanese amp at a time! Great buy for someone as Accuphase class A amps don't come up very often.
I used to have the E-550, which has largely the same specs as this, and as you say, it had significantly more heft than you’d give it credit for. Never felt like it was out of steam. Into big tannoys at the time, it was lush! I miss that amp!

I recommend accuphase class A to anyone that hasn’t heard it.

Bump for this beautiful class A amp with plenty of power on tap. Cost over £6k and is in lovely condition. Can travel to deliver or meet up within reason or courier delivery will be around £70.

Price reduced to £2500 firm.

Just got a good offer on the amp on eBay - so if interested at £2500 please let me know asap before it goes this evening.

Still for sale at £2500, ebayer dematerialised. If you fancy trying recent Accuphase class A this is by far the cheapest way in. If it’s not sold in the next couple of weeks I’ll keep it and sell the 550 AXii, very close between them.

Hello, I could be interesred but I am in France / Paris. Is that a problem?
Can you please confirm it is a 220v model and not Japan nor US 110v?

Update;
I just checked and I would have to pay VAT if I import from UK (20%). So I will not go further. Sorry

Hello, I could be interesred but I am in France / Paris. Is that a problem?
Can you please confirm it is a 220v model and not Japan nor US 110v?

Update;
I just checked and I would have to pay VAT if I import from UK (20%). So I will not go further. Sorry
No problem. It is an EU 230v model by the way.

I am interested in this for my own personal system. How long is the warranty? Is there any paperwork? It would seem it was originally a unit sourced in Germany?

Regards Tom

Hi Tom,

I'll drop you a PM for a detailed conversation, but for information for anyone else interested, this was sourced in Germany originally in late 2018, and as the warranty was for 3 years there isn't any warranty coverage remaining. However the unit is very lightly used and Accuphase amps do have high levels of reliability so I would imagine the risk is relatively low.

Best regards,
Nathan

advertisement

Back