advertisement

AC/DC Bargain Alert

Before buying any recent AC/DC vinyl, I would listen to it first. I had bought the Black Ice on CD and vinyl and I am pretty sure they more or less used the master from the CD. I can't hear any sonic improvement at all and in such a case I believe it's best to go for convenience.

Before buying any recent AC/DC vinyl, I would listen to it first. I had bought the Black Ice on CD and vinyl and I am pretty sure they more or less used the master from the CD. I can't hear any sonic improvement at all and in such a case I believe it's best to go for convenience.

Yes there £7 arn't you missing the point?

These two were a new release and as mentioned they sound great. Lots of reviews of Steve Hoffman forum. Then again they are just £7!

I "purchased" a couple of new vinyl discs from Amazon a couple of weeks ago at a bargain price. After two weeks waiting I received an email saying the order was cancelled and was given a refund.
The said albums were still available but the price had doubled so be wary.

Ballbreaker and Stiff Upper Lip arrived this morning at said price.

Played Stiff Upper Lip, not heard it before, great album, not a duff track and the guys on the Hoffman site were right, it sounds superb.

Ballbreaker is also a fine recording and a good album, I think it sounds a bit better.

Neither are their best work but both are very good indeed and particularly at this price are well worth having if AC/DC is your thing.

There are some nice touches on both albums.

I class them as Metal though they do underpin it very well with a rocky blues influence, they worked this formula so well.

The best Metal act of them all I think and a band that knows how to record, their production is beyond reproach.

Love them!

I have been trying to dig out some of their albums on Spotify but it seems impossible, lots of tribute bands seem to have swamped the search results. What suggestions for their top albums?

I have Highway to Hell on vinyl and have always loved it to bits, will probably be the first album I play when I eventually resurrect the LP12!

I have been trying to dig out some of their albums on Spotify but it seems impossible, lots of tribute bands seem to have swamped the search results. What suggestions for their top albums?

I have Highway to Hell on vinyl and have always loved it to bits, will probably be the first album I play when I eventually resurrect the LP12!

Excellent!

Bon Scott era:

My fave, High Voltage
If You Want Blood (live)

Brian Johnson era:

Back in Black (essential)
For Those About to Rock...

There's 4, there are many others.

The best band at what they do for sure.

AC/DC aren't on Spotify ..

Excellent!

Bon Scott era:

My fave, High Voltage
If You Want Blood (live)

Brian Johnson era:

Back in Black (essential)
For Those About to Rock...

There's 4, there are many others.

The best band at what they do for sure.

Thanks Gaius :) Had Back in Black on my Amazon wish list already as seems most popular by miles going by the number of Amazon reviews, so will definitely give that a go. Just getting into scooping up cheapo secondhand cds there, working out nicely so far. For bands like this not on Spotify seems like a no brainer.

advertisement

Back