advertisement

A word of warning

Joe Hutch

Mate of the bloke
Kirsty Young's guest on this week's Desert Island Discs is the squeaky-voiced controversialist Julie Burchill. Stick to Radio 3 until the danger has passed.

Kirsty Young's guest on this week's Desert Island Discs is the squeaky-voiced controversialist Julie Burchill. Stick to Radio 3 until the danger has passed.

lol, there wouldn't be much of you left if you said that to her face. She's a top bloke I reckon.

Must say, I'm intrigued to know what she'll choose, though I would guess eight soul records. I think her luxury will almost certainly involve dairy products.

I wonder if this Julie Burchill, writer for the Daily Wail is the same one who wrote the book 'The Boy Looked at Johnny' with Tony Parsons is it?

The copy I have is signed by both authors there.

DS

I wonder if this Julie Burchill, writer for the Daily Wail is the same one who wrote the book 'The Boy Looked at Johnny' with Tony Parsons is it?

The copy I have is signed by both authors there.

DS

It is. I'll make a point of missing it.

This warning wasn't circulated widely enough as I switched the radio on whilst this was on air. In the middle of the Israeli national anthem, to be precise.

Good job I have such a strong constitution.

There are countless reasons to end corporal punishment.
The birchill is both brutal & arcane.

advertisement

Back