advertisement

A tribute to Cliff

A cracking picture. I've already posted in the other thread but wanted to add a bit in here. Cliff gave me a lot of advice about Nikon kit when I swapped a few years back and I bought a few things from him (usually after he advised me how good they were). He recommended the 135mm f2 DC in particular and one of the first things I did when I won the Landscape Photographer of the Year was to give him a shout re the lens. He sold it to me and I've loved it since. This was one of the first shots I took with it. It was featured in Outdoor Photography magazine this month and is a big print at the Masters of Vision Exhibition in Southwell Minster later this month. I suppose my point is that I, along with many others, will not forget him. Big regret is never managing to have a pint with him.

Curves and Colours by Mark Littlejohn, on Flickr

OK, how are people fixed in August for a meet up in the Market Porter to have a drink in Cliff's memory?

The middle two weeks in August are pretty clear for me, any weekday evening. Suggest some dates. It would be good to get the usual gang together (although it's probably a bit far for both Dan and Guy...), and any others who might be interested.

Ian

Just found out about Cliff - such a shock. Would be good to meet up for a pint. 15th August and beyond is good for me.

Yes, sorry, things have suddenly got busy. I can get to London first week in Sept (but not Mon 1st or Fri 4th), otherwise mid-Sept (16, 17 , 18). Any of those any good?

I do hope for some pics to arise out of this; it's a meet I never made for now-mundane reasons, and current commitments sadly can't stretch to it now either.
Best wishes to those who can.

advertisement

Back