advertisement

A Thread for New Jazz

@kjb I quite like the sound of that track too.

I'd like to read his series of 'Conversations' books published by Rogueart in France but they're fairly expensive at EUR 50 each.

New Ezra Collective album Dance (Amazon). Limited editions including colour vinyl, gatefold sleeve, signed etc if you hunt around.

PS I went with the black vinyl ’deluxe‘ gatefold edition with signed insert from recordstore.co.uk. The market being what it is the Rough Trade non-gatefold red vinyl with signed insert will likely be the one to get the highest Discogs valuation in a year’s time. Recordstore.co.uk is woefully overlooked, some great limited editions there IME, and the mailers are decent.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Hard to know how limited some of these are. I noticed the 'limited' orange vinyl of of their previous record is still in stock on their Bandcamp page.

It's on an indie label so you'd imagine not 100,000s - though quite a large one. PJ Harvey and Idles are on the roster.

New Ezra Collective album Dance (Amazon). Limited editions including colour vinyl, gatefold sleeve, signed etc if you hunt around.

PS I went with the black vinyl ’deluxe‘ gatefold edition with signed insert from recordstore.co.uk. The market being what it is the Rough Trade non-gatefold red vinyl with signed insert will likely be the one to get the highest Discogs valuation in a year’s time. Recordstore.co.uk is woefully overlooked, some great limited editions there IME, and the mailers are decent.
Thanks for the heads up. Same here, though the satin red version was tempting.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Hard to know how limited some of these are. I noticed the 'limited' orange vinyl of of their previous record is still in stock on their Bandcamp page.

It's on an indie label so you'd imagine not 100,000s - though quite a large one. PJ Harvey and Idles are on the roster.

My current view is nothing is limited unless it is an edition number under 500.

I will always take a signed copy over any other edition. With any successful band the signatures are worth more than the vinyl, and buying a signed edition from Rough Trade, Assai, Recordstore.co.uk etc provides the provenance for the signatures. This is why I went with the edition I did for this one; signed, provenance, but what is likely the best sounding edition in the nicest cover (the non-‘deluxe’ are non-gatefold).

A signed 1st press (any first press if there are more than one variant) is the best collectable IMHO. Just think historically, e.g. would you pick the red vinyl of Television’s Adventure over a black signed copy, the blue vinyl first Police album over a black signed copy etc etc. That said signatures added decades later to a reissue are less valuable. Ideally you want the sigs at the time the record was released.

PS I got mugged with the last Ezra Collective album as I hugely overpaid on Bandcamp for the orange vinyl, didn’t get a randomly signed one, but did get a bit of the big wood jigsaw, which doesn’t appear to add any value! It is a good album and sounds great, so I have fairly high expectations for this one.

advertisement

Back