advertisement

A Saturday afternoon with Tangerine

An update about the Witch Hat Audio Moonlight Series of Power Amplifiers. I'm writing as I listen, it will take a bit.

Mark

And no, he never got Aqua, I'm not that crazy!

In round terms we are about a year on and in that time I have continued to work closely with Witch Hat Audio. They are a solid little company with vision. Many of you know Mark Slade and if you do, you will know his work and knowledge is beyond reproach; he was after all a senior engineer at Naim.

There have been some tweaks to the Moonlight amps and all for the better.

I have been listening to and enjoying the Witch Hat mono blocks for quite some time, they really are quite amazing. As a Naim fan they detract nothing from what we like and sit very well with a Naim pre amp and I have tried them with most.

The little stereo amp is none to shabby either.

After acquiring a mint pair of SBL MK IIs the temptation to take them active was both irresistible and predictable and that’s what I did. Just a stunning loudspeaker when set up and fed right.

So here we are today with a 4 pack of Witch Hat monos.

What they deliver is control and a quality to draw you in; also crystal.

An altogether more believable presentation of the performance being played and highly addictive.

Mark

Will be nice to hear more about the Witch Hat monos as time permits. Is there any plans for a preamp to partner with the amplifiers?

It's early days for the pre-amp yet. And yes the monos are built with NCC200s in collaboration with Avondale.

advertisement

Back