advertisement

[WTD] A&R Cambridge E77 or P77 stylus or catridge

1000RPM

pfm Member
Looking for a clean, pref NOS stylus, but if you have a complete cart with good stylus that might be an option too. Either the E77 or P77. I don't need a C77 (which is the thing I am looking to replace.

It's a distant memory.......
but didn't Expert Stylus design or build this cartridge? And ISTR some years back they had replacement stylus for them.

A fellow PFMer has been in touch about a Jico option...out of budget at the moment but one to bear in mind for the future. @myles how does the Jico sound?

A fellow PFMer has been in touch about a Jico option...out of budget at the moment but one to bear in mind for the future. @myles how does the Jico sound?
Mounted just to check (so one side of an LP) but similar in presentation to my Shure M97XE and Jico SAS - bass extended, mids are sweet and careful setup gleans results with treble; it can sound thin if VTF is not bob on.

I've never been disappointed with a Jico SAS stylus and I've had three on different cartridges now.

It's a distant memory.......
but didn't Expert Stylus design or build this cartridge? And ISTR some years back they had replacement stylus for them.
Yes they did and I believe they can still supply styli for them using a Paratrace tip.

Esco bought up all the spares when A&R stopped making them. They could refurbish all of them but couldn't supply complete new E77 and P77 styli. New canti , rubber and diamond no problem.

Why anybody would want to refurb them beats me. IMHO they are utter crap!

P77 Jico made a special edition few years back just 30 made SAS-MM1
One of the best sounding MMs ever made
file.php

advertisement

Back