advertisement

A&R A60 left channel less loud

Ok, I have a really good multimeter, will that do? I checked the bias, left read 7.5 right 7.9. I also checked the dc at the speaker posts left was 5mv right was 8.8mv. Thank you.

Thank you cobblers,and everyone .I have switched left to right and confirmed left channel weaker/quieter, I was hoping to be able to component test with my comprensive multimeter.

Have you swapped speakers left to right, easy test?

Do you have a way of playing a constant tone into the amp (from a phone app or similar) then measure the AC voltage on the speaker terminals with your meter?

Just on the speaker terminals at the back of the amp. Should have the same ac voltage, if one is quieter you should see less volts. Make sure it’s AC and unless your meter is ‘true rms’ then use 50hz sine wave. Try with and without speakers connected, a dodgy crossover component could drag one side down.

No, I meant the amp. Which outputs are you using, switched or direct? Did you try 'phones with mono source? If that was fine then unlikely to be the amp. Probably needs the switches cleaning, particularly those on the headphone circuit.
@Operajulian

advertisement

Back