advertisement

a new tweak....could it be an improvement?

bullshit_detector4.gif

So, connecting a resistance in parallel with speaker terminals doesn't sound like a bright idea...ooh, only if the resistance is very high, like an open circuit...

Dear Phonon,

1. get rid of the dancing fonts in your corporate logo (trust factor = zero) or you can't be taken seriously. (you're an electronics manufacturer not a behavioral health clinic right?)

2. Even a subjectivist such as myself wants products designed by electrical and/or mechanical engineers, not DJs or recording engineers. (especially considering someone nicknamed "no milk" is in charge - you were kidding right?)

3. If you're going to fall back on the New Discovery™ thing, please don't insult even lay persons such as myself with cartoon explanations (trust factor = minus 50):

PHONON-LIQUID--Concept-3.png

You'd be better off saying nothing about the technology if this is the best you can do until credibility is built upon actual product performance with dealers and customers and the word spreads.

thanks but I'll pass...

dave

Also it might help to provide credibility if you employ a website designer/proofreader whose native language is English. I spotted two errors in the first 25 seconds of viewing your site - 'A boldly innovation device' & "To anyone wanting ti experience a totally new sound scope"

Miracle!!!! My jaw dropped and is still dragging on the floor, even my wife's jaw dropped! Several veils were lifted, as the distorted vibrations coming out of the downstairs loo compensated the after-echo of the cosmic harmonies of the motor of the refrigerator, I could feel the sound of each instrument penetrating my body and throbbing inside my brain. Why, oh why didn't they invent this sooner?

You don't want to listen to your system with your jaw dropped.

sound will enter your head via your mouth and interfere destructively with what reaches your ears, via bone conduction through your jawbone. That is likely, at the very least, to result in various phase anomalies, which may be frequency-dependent, ie, depending on exactly how 'dropped' your jaw is.

Close your mouth, there's a good chap. It's putting the rest of us off our lunch. :)

I'm curious to know if this tweak by phonon that you are curious about is in anyway related to the technology/company mentioned by you in the speaker cable length thread?

"i'm hoping to launch a new cable with a physicist friend who has been working on the research using phonon theory.

A phonon is a quantum mechanical description of a special type of vibrational motion, in which a lattice uniformly oscillates at the same frequency. In classical mechanics this is known as the normal mode. The normal mode is important because any arbitrary lattice vibration can be considered as a superposition of these elementary vibrations (cf. Fourier analysis). While normal modes are wave-like phenomena in classical mechanics, they have particle-like properties due to the wave–particle duality of quantum mechanics.

once we have finished our research we will lend some of the pfm crew the wires....it's not cheap though."

It can't be any good, they don't supply a dedicated power cord, there's no upgrade path and there's no info on which way round the connecting wires have to face. Honestly, it's just not properly designed.

I found these really bring great improvements to the listening experience

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
They could do worse than spending some money to get some independent user feedback on their website from a user testing service like this. As mentioned before, it doesn't exactly inspire you to read any further.

advertisement

Back