advertisement

a new SW trailer for those of nerdy persuasion

Joe P

Memory Alpha incarnate | mod; Shatner number = 2
I will watch the new movie when it's released because that's what I do.

Posted here for other fishies of nerdy persuasion.

Joe

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel a disturbance in the force.

(OK, the prequels were utter shite - apart form the occasional Alec Guinness impersonation by that chap who was in Trainspotting, and maybe laughing a lot at the muppet word order mangler duelling the classic Hammer Dracula - but that music has a certain power over someone who was 9 when the original came out)

Oh I dont know. The first one was ok in a childrens action adventure kind of way. I was young when it first came out

The others were garbage with naff casting decisions like Mcgregor. I am hoping they can make a better film.

I never understood the star wars mania for the films and action figures. Highly overrated in my opinion

Heres the rub and other googlers agree with me. He made a kids film when there was so much potential as an adult film with more intelligence and a darker feeling.

I think Lucas admitted that and he knows there was so much more potential. He certainly made money though. I feel the new film will be more of the same for family viewing over the Christmas holiday.

Couldn't give a toss how others feel about Star Wars, I loved it when I was 11 and have loved them ever since. It's a freaking movie, y'know escapism stuff and it does it better than virtually anything else.

Very excited!

I never liked Star Wars, it is just a boring shoot-em up. It's not sci-fi to me. When is the next Star Trek film?!

Simon,

The next Star Trek film is scheduled for summer 2016.

Joe

You know what? That's got me interested. Looks much better than I expected. I do hope they leave room with some long shots rather than the video game look of so many films.

Huge huge SW fan, but I can't bring myself to watch the trailers. I want to experience it like I did in the 70's as a snotty nose 7yr old with no idea what I was going to see with my Dad. Whom I will be taking with me to see it :)

I have a suspicion it is going to be fantastic!

advertisement

Back