advertisement

A huge selection of old and new gear in a shop in London

You can see it on the first post

Well, I could if I used one of my Linux boxes, etc. But I deliberately tend to use the web with a 'light' browser on a RO machine as that's the system I use most of the time for my work, etc. However I'm not losing any sleep over not watching the video. :)

Audio Gold,
308-310 Park Road,
Muswell Hill,
London,
N8 8LA

World Wide Web address: https://audiogold.co.uk/
Telephone: 0208 8341 9007

Not sure of fax or telex numbers… ;)

That's OK. Thanks. :)

Curious how people who prefer old/alternative audio kit seem puzzled by someone who prefers using a light browser on a system they've never tried in its modern form, innit. 8-} (OK, I use FireFox on Linux as well for some purposes. But was just interested in this case in knowing the info you've kindly provided. :) )

Audio Gold unexpectedly in the news this morning in a feature on 'sponge cities'.

"It was very sudden, it was scary, financially damaging and deeply unpleasant."

Alex Barwise was working at Audio Gold record shop in Muswell Hill in July 2021, when heavy downpours battered London, damaging thousands of properties, flooding dozens of Tube stations and even causing patients to be evacuated from hospital wards.

Audio Gold was left about a foot deep in water, Alex says, with thousands of pounds' worth of records and equipment destroyed.

"We went through a few hours of trying to save what we could, in the dark. It was scary at the time, but thankfully everyone was OK."

Audio Gold unexpectedly in the news this morning in a feature on 'sponge cities'.

Alex Barwise was working at Audio Gold record shop in Muswell Hill in July 2021, when heavy downpours battered London, damaging thousands of properties, flooding dozens of Tube stations and even causing patients to be evacuated from hospital wards.

Audio Gold was left about a foot deep in water, Alex says, with thousands of pounds' worth of records and equipment destroyed.

"We went through a few hours of trying to save what we could, in the dark. It was scary at the time, but thankfully everyone was OK."

Perhaps they need to dig up Ally Pally and put in the flood prevention measures they took with Hampstead Heath.

Perhaps they need to dig up Ally Pally and put in the flood prevention measures they took with Hampstead Heath.
OT but I thought it was an interesting article. Our local park here in South London was reengineered twenty years ago to become a flood plain with the previously covered river that runs through it uncovered.

It works brilliantly. A couple of days of heavy rain and half the park is underwater. A couple of days later and it's safely drained away.

RtmpnHR.png

I actually came on this thread to post the same thing!

advertisement

Back