advertisement

7" singles in London

RickyC6

Infuriate the frog-men
Anyone recommend shops selling secondhand punk/indie sevens in London - apart from MVE Notting Hill Gate?

Ta

Rich

Well I'll answer me bleeding self then :rolleyes: JB's - Hanway St; Sister Ray and Revival down Berwick St; all did me OK for about 20 classic punk/post punk sevens. Need to revisit Revival as ran out of time before I got through them all. 7" singles - they are the future!

Cheers

Rich

If you get a chance its worth a quick train trip to Brighton to rummage in the shop I mentioned in the shops in Brighton thread. ( turn left out of the sation, down the hill, 400yds or so) It's packed to the ceiling with 7 and 12" singles. A copy of My Favourite Dress 12" for 50p, for example. I reckon you could spend a few happy, expensive hours in there.

Kevin

Hmmm Brighton - how long is train journey from London. Might have to wangle some free time during the day 1 week.

Ta

Rich

What about that Punk only shop in Camden town? All Ages Records is it?

And unlikely as it might seem HMV Oxford Street has many yards of 7", include Sex Pistols re-issues et al.

DS

Was going to mention All Ages but they don't really do second hand stuff.

Great shop though and well worth supporting. I always felt terribly old in there - most of the punters are about half my age!

advertisement

Back