advertisement

[WTD] 6 string acoustic

slammed56

pfm Member
Budget £1500 max for a nice 6 string dreadnought acoustic , not interested in anything larger thanks
Something from Gibson or Martin would be ideal
Must have original case

Are you looking for a minter, Stuart, or are a few cosmetic imperfections acceptable as long as it's top notch for sound and playability?

I’m ok with “used” condition Richard
As long as the necks straight ,no bridge lift or bowing of the top

Would a Guild F47R be of interest or are you set on a dreadnought?

(Please note I haven't ran this past my dad yet(!), though he is reluctantly accepting of the need to reduce the size of his guitar collection).

Cheapest "real" Martin is the D-16 series. I think you could get a new D-16E with mahogany sides/back within your budget.

Nice guitar Richard , I’ve had the pleasure of playing a F47R before but it’s not what I’m after I’m afraid
I sold my Taylor 618 just before the Lockdown because I just didn’t get on with the shape of it and I think your Guild is similar
Im best sticking to a bog standard Dready or slope shoulder

Nice guitar Richard , I’ve had the pleasure of playing a F47R before but it’s not what I’m after I’m afraid
I sold my Taylor 618 just before the Lockdown because I just didn’t get on with the shape of it and I think your Guild is similar
Im best sticking to a bog standard Dready or slope shoulder
No worries, Stuart. We also have a D50 dread but it's the finest sounding guitar I've ever heard so that would be the last to go I'm afraid! We have a few other nice dreads including a Sigma DR-45 and a couple of old Kiso Suzuki Takeharus which are fabulous guitars for the money, but of course are not quite on the same level as an authentic Made In America Guild or Gibson etc. Best of luck with your search!

advertisement

Back