advertisement

40% discount on Meridian streamers etc

I used to own an SBT and presently use a Meridian 861v4/ID40, previously streaming from an MC200. Does that count?

If so, then I'm happy to say that what I presently use is the best sounding streaming source I've yet heard, which is why I've still got it.

As the OP hasn't responded, I'll expand upon the above:
- As mentioned, the solution I'm presently using is the best streaming solution I've heard. For context, that includes have home dem'd a variety of kit for reference purposes, e.g. a Linn DS Akurate, and for a dac, a Nad M51, Oppo 105. Over the years, heard many other bits. The good bit is that the above is BEFORE you add in the additional capabilities of room correction and the ability for my gear to also be a pretty good AV surround sound system that can deal with anything from SACD to BD audio
- The MC200 was absolutely rock solid from a stability perspective. At the end of the day, it's really just an dedicated, and rather expensive small form factor PC with high grade components (e.g. server rated HDD). What it did mean was that it ran cool and NEVER EVER required anything more than turning on, uploading of songs and use. A better analogy might be a good NAS, with all the software fully installed. If anything, I'm thinking of buying another MC200 now they've dropped in price as a s/h one is likely to be not much above the price of a good NAS.
- When I owned the MC200,it was pre-Roon. As such, IMO the Sooloos interface was at the time the best/easiest to use way to browse music on the market. My wife and son loved it. Roon is an improvement, but it's an incremental one.

In short, the Sooloos solution as was, was the top pick (again IMO) for usability and SQ, hence it was able to command a higher price. Things have changed, hence the price drop. Simple as.

BTW, if you ever fancy bringing down your Pi to hear the differences and have a play, you're more than welcome. I'm located in south London.

roon to a SBT is an amazing streaming solution..bit perfect to the sbt .. I don't need anything more

I have 2 SBTS as backup
they dont do better than 24/192 if you use the usb tweak .. so DSD is out

MQA sounds wonderful , even undecoded .. but I dont know if any of the discounted gear will do MQA

advertisement

Back