advertisement

320kbs Radio Paradise

I enjoy it too from time to time, one of the better ones out there. I stream it through a Linn DS player but have noticed they seem to apply some eq; the songs sound slightly different to a ripped CD. I emailed them to ask the question but never got a reply. You'd have thought a digital track was a digital track even if it has come half way round the world.

They also have an ipad/iphone app available, really great quality and rarely a song I don't like. Listened to this all the time when I was working from home on my unitiqute and it sounded better than most CD's.

Used to listen a lot when I had Linn DS for ideas for purchases as well as background listening. Have since sold the DS and have JR18 on W7 and have not looked at being able to play RP. Is it possible to get RP through JRiver and if so how? Too lazy to work it out for myself :).

That was a most enjoyable three hours not a duff track played and all at decent quality, I almost forgot it was pub time.

Keith I think you just need to open the shoutcast Naim file inJR that's what I did in iTunes.

Radio paradise manages to make all music sound more boring than radio 2, I don't know how they achieve it, perhaps they have a special algorithm that does this.

Even music I otherwise like sends me to a near coma on radio paradise amazing really.

Radio Paradise is ok,but another online stream called "Richard's Realm" is a better beast IF you can access the stream......the server is very intermittent and fills up very quickly.
It's streaming @ 320kbps

aside from this I see AVRO NL is changing servers,they have some very good audio streams in different musical genres

We listen to RP in bed every night, after late Junction has finished... I keep a pen and paper handy to note down albums I want to buy. I'm now using the 320k Naim feed - it does sound better on my main system, not really sure I can tell the difference on my bedroom kit. they obviously have access to my record collection, as they play a lot of my stuff. I suspect they use a degree of compression even on the 320 feed, as things do sound a bit "louder" than my rips, but they also seem to find obscure versions of things too.
Amazing setup, quite how they select the music, build the playlists, run the station 24/7 and find new music - I really cannot imagine.

Nice shout on this (no pun intended). Heard a track I liked today it was played at approx 11-55am. Is there a way to look up a playlist timeline to find the track ?
Mine plays in media monkey and all that gives is the IP address for the file playing.
Cheers
PS will try this on the squeeze in the living room

Yep, the website lists all tracks played. I think you need to mentally switch your time into PST (IIRC) but it should be easy enough to do.

Nice shout on this (no pun intended). Heard a track I liked today it was played at approx 11-55am. Is there a way to look up a playlist timeline to find the track ?
Mine plays in media monkey and all that gives is the IP address for the file playing.
Cheers
PS will try this on the squeeze in the living room

Try the main site..... you will have to adjust the time from California time.

http://www.radioparadise.com/rp_2.php?#name=Playlist

Radio paradise manages to make all music sound more boring than radio 2, I don't know how they achieve it, perhaps they have a special algorithm that does this.

Even music I otherwise like sends me to a near coma on radio paradise amazing really.
Hazards of Love playing now proper Radio 2 stuff:rolleyes:

advertisement

Back