advertisement

2ndhandhifi.co.uk?

Another person good to deal with is 'retrovinylman' on eBay . I bought a mic. from him and I'm also interested in a pair of old speakers he has. His communications were excellent. Further pictures of the speakers were sent very quickly. He says I can call ( he's in Leicestershire ) if I wish to see/hear the speakers. MGM.

I had a linn ikemi from there, PX'd a dac a got a good price for it, he included all shipping, the player is mint, I'm very happy.

Bought a early olive 250 from him a couple of years ago for a good price, almost in mint condition, he was a pleasure to deal with, top man.

Chris N

Simon Griffin is a good person. I was in contact with him a decade ago (before he started up his business in Stockton). I am really glad he has managed to keep it going.

I filled in their online form for a piece of kit I wanted to sell but had no response from them.

I too made contact via their web site when I wanted to buy an item from them. no contact. I then phoned 3 times ~ no reply on each occassion, despite leaving messages.

I bought elsewehere. If a business cannot be bothered to respond to an enquiry then what would be the response if any problems encountered?

I have previously purchased from this business and service was very good. However, I shan't be buying from here again (and I do buy quite a lot of kit!). Any business is only as good as its last transaction.

Bought a Armeggedon from him about 5 years ago a great guy offered to lend me a pair of amps once.
Can't be fairer than that.
Regards,
Martin

Whenever I start looking for something I start with Simon.
On the site's homepage, he clearly states that he prefers to do business over the phone rather than online.
If I am interested in something he has on the site (or think he might know how to find) I phone him.
I have always had rapid reactions to my requests for a call-back although I live in France.

Getting a reply out of Simon can be a challenge, with no reply to email or voicemail, then only to find the item is actually sold but still showing for sale :mad:

I have spoken and dealt with him before and it can be several days before a response or late at night. He is however very helpful once you get a response (past experience).

advertisement

Back