advertisement

282 to Grad 1 or?

Without facts, I still don't know who to look for in my email trail therefore have trouble verifying the truth of your claims

You still haven't told me just who I should look for and the nature of your enquiry.

Are you too intent on crouching behind your wall lobbing rocks over at those who might just have ignored such an important request.?

Time for a rest Les ?

Not only are you having your (one old grumpy man) Naim slag party, every now and then - thats your basis strategy developing a groving customer base - take care of those who actually progress a real interest in your products of selling, thats basic customer service.
Have they been into your store or emailbox, it would be stupid letting them go. - just my advice - don't slag them off too.
Was it my business you were fired or degraded to coffeemaker, long ago

Without facts, I still don't know who to look for in my email trail therefore have trouble verifying the truth of your claims

You still haven't told me just who I should look for and the nature of your enquiry.

Are you too intent on crouching behind your wall lobbing rocks over at those who might just have ignored such an important request.?

Chill Les, I wasn't having a go... The main thrust of my initial post was that you products must be good because Naim keep censoring all mention of them on their website.... My comment about your not answering my sales enquiry was not really that important, more by way of context rather than anything else. It was just for some of your phono cables, I wanted to know if you could supply them with BNCs. Have now taken a different direction. Dont worry about it.

Time for a rest Les ?

Not only are you having your (one old grumpy man) Naim slag party, every now and then - thats your basis strategy developing a groving customer base - take care of those who actually progress a real interest in your products of selling, thats basic customer service.
Have they been into your store or emailbox, it would be stupid letting them go. - just my advice - don't slag them off too.
Was it my business you were fired or degraded to coffeemaker, long ago

Per, I don't quite understand this term 'slagging' but perhaps such an accusation, coming as it does from
a "dyed-in-the-wool" aficionado, I suppose will rumble laboriously on, and on......

Whilst I have your attention, I don't work for you and my business is still my business - however much
trade jealousy is directed at it from followers of another marque.

I'm always delighted to go the extra mile on behalf of genuine customers - you are not one of this growing band.

You have a vested interest in scoring points for Naim and this for many, leaves not such a nice taste in their mouths.

I would take it as a compliment if, as a dealer in Naim equipment, you would contend yourself with running your
own business and keeping your acerbic comments for where they belong.

Thank you, Les

Pos En: If an item does not appear on the website, would it not make perfect sense to conclude that it is not available.?
Hence the negative response to such an enquiry as yours.

Chill Les, I wasn't having a go... The main thrust of my initial post was that you products must be good because Naim keep censoring all mention of them on their website.... My comment about your not answering my sales enquiry was not really that important, more by way of context rather than anything else. It was just for some of your phono cables, I wanted to know if you could supply them with BNCs. Have now taken a different direction. Dont worry about it.

Slight correction PE,

Naim censors any discussion of Avondale on their forum per Les' request.

regards,

dave

Slight correction PE,

Naim censors any discussion of Avondale on their forum per Les' request.

regards,

dave

Well that is not what he said on here about a month ago, when he said he had not asked for them to do so....

Heres the link:

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1630122#post1630122

By the way, if he does have an arrangement with Naim whereby they will remove any derogatory comments from the Naim forum about his kit, it does seem a bit odd that he is so willing to cast aspersions about Naim kit on here!

Well that is not what he said on here about a month ago, when he said he had not asked for them to do so....
I think he asked them to remove a potentially libellous thread, not censor all discussion of Avondale. Nonetheless, both parties seem happy with the arrangement :)

I think he asked them to remove a potentially libellous thread, not censor all discussion of Avondale. Nonetheless, both parties seem happy with the arrangement :)

So how can Paul Stephenson have been acting ethically if Avondale never actually requested all discussion of Avondale products be censored on the Naim forum. Sounds pretty unethical to me, not to mentioned completely misleading.

I really do dislike all this censorship nonsense.

Per, I don't quite understand this term 'slagging' but perhaps such an accusation, coming as it does from
a "dyed-in-the-wool" aficionado, I suppose will rumble laboriously on, and on......

Whilst I have your attention, I don't work for you and my business is still my business - however much
trade jealousy is directed at it from followers of another marque.

I'm always delighted to go the extra mile on behalf of genuine customers - you are not one of this growing band.

You have a vested interest in scoring points for Naim and this for many, leaves not such a nice taste in their mouths.

I would take it as a compliment if, as a dealer in Naim equipment, you would contend yourself with running your
own business and keeping your acerbic comments for where they belong.

Thank you, Les

Pos En: If an item does not appear on the website, would it not make perfect sense to conclude that it is not available.?
Hence the negative response to such an enquiry as yours.

Thanks for the kind words Les, surely you are a nice intelligent guy in person however you are wrong guessing, I'm not using Naim equipment at the moment, nor do I and never will be a potential genuine customer of yours should you consider running the extra mile its wasted.
Many Companies believe in their customer service to be genuine & great, sometime far from the truth, not the first time its revealed in here - hence my note regarding uneemployment, the Co. you let down so often however can be praised by having a world class service second to none, without the need slagging off others, now thats what I call genuine

So how can Paul Stephenson have been acting ethically if Avondale never actually requested all discussion of Avondale products be censored on the Naim forum. Sounds pretty unethical to me, not to mentioned completely misleading.

Didn't do them any good either, incidentally. I'd never heard of Avondale until I saw all the "don't mention Avondale" business on the Naim forum way back when. Ended up giving Les a call and buying a load of stuff off him! :D

PE,

Les' link in his reply to me provides sufficient evidence (for me) that he requested Naim to remove some offending posts and I *believe* this was verified by forum mods at the time of the incident.

*IIRC, the Naim Forum AUP actually stated at some point that a manufacturer by the name of Avondale Audio specifically requested there be no discussion of the firm or its products in the Naim Forum and that Naim was happy to oblige. If I can find a link to corroborate this I'll post it later.

regards,

dave

*UPDATE: A quick look at the current Naim forum AUP found the following:

"A company has, in the past, expressed a strong desire not to be discussed on this forum and we are happy to oblige (including here). You will be informed if your post is removed for this reason."

I'm positive the unnamed firm is Avondale Audio. I'm sure Les will confirm if asked that the firm in question is Avondale which means Naim is simply complying with his request.

As there seems to still be some speculation in this matter so here, inter alia, are the phrases I used:

(There had appeared on the Naim forum, a series of patently untrue allegations concerning the kit I make so in response I wrote......)

a. Kindly remove all offending allegations and references to Avondale Audio products from your site.

b. Undertake publicly, not to accept such material on your site in future

As I said earlier, the original letters are on my wall for the purposes of putting this thing to bed.

Now, unless any of the resident Johnny Know Alls have further information about this incident......

..........I'm off to bed, it's been a long day - nite all.

advertisement

Back