advertisement

2024 local elections

Andy street will be a great mayor for his third time , he is such a dynamo !! Came to our carol service the other day and he gets everywhere
To be fair to him, I’ll be pleased to see the rail line through my old area open again, and I understand that he’s played a big part in that.

However if he so much as breathes the word Conservative with approval or endorsement, or has any more than the obligatory press op with Sunak etc then he’s been elected under false pretences. And any journalist who reports it as a Conservative win with any relevance to the wider party is either shit at their job or lying.

Mishal Husain: Are you going to change the plan?

Andrew Griffith: No, we're going to keep delivering the plan

Mishal Husain: The reason I ask, because it's a plan that's just lost you 448 councillors.

Radio 4 earlier.

Andy street will be a great mayor for his third time , he is such a dynamo !! Came to our carol service the other day and he gets everywhere
Phil, he attend an opening of an envelope ;)

Yeah, he's tried to get investment into the West Midlands.

Reform are only on 3.1% in the London Mayoral results so far.

That`s pretty poor even for the UKIPalikes.

Imagine how much more fun there could have been if Laurence Fox`s Reclaim bunch had the brains to fill in a form.
I’d love to see how much Dick and Nige have spaffed on all this lot. I expect there‘ll be a Trump style internet whip-round to reimburse the two.

As for the Tories, you’d think the failed filthy racist campaign Zac Gokdsmith ran against Khan last time would have taught them a lesson.

Khan's won! 61% in the last constituency. LAB 44%, Tory 33% overall. LDS, Greens both 6% and Reform 3% WM very close - bundle recount. Big swing to Lab in Wolverhampton. I'm guessing that Street has lost - marginally - but it's the difference between sets of big numbers...

This is brilliant, the best amuse bouche we are going to have before Sunak has the balls to call the election. Unless of course there’s another high level scandal or defections.

To be fair to him, I’ll be pleased to see the rail line through my old area open again, and I understand that he’s played a big part in that.

However if he so much as breathes the word Conservative with approval or endorsement, or has any more than the obligatory press op with Sunak etc then he’s been elected under false pretences. And any journalist who reports it as a Conservative win with any relevance to the wider party is either shit at their job or lying.
agreed , opening the railway stations is superb and will make massive difference hopefully

he was very tactful at the hustings on TV about the labour cuts to all the arts and libraries , it was one of the questions they addressed to him
its too close to call at the moment so we shall see

Parker was ahead of Street by approx 4,000 in the Wolverhampton votes. I’d assume therefore it was requested by Street, unless a recount is protocol if the result is close.

Full recount is for Coventry only, rest are sorted apparently.
The result must be very close for this, which is pretty major whichever way you look at it.

advertisement

Back