advertisement

2024 local elections

Yeah, quite funny to see Sunak celebrating that on the news and Houchen genuflecting for the cameras despite dropping nearly all references to the Tories during his campaign.

PS Kim McGuiness did well.
I saw this and I was cringing at the thought of Sunak speaking.
He was orgasmic in this victory, without acknowledging the carnage on his watch.

Why didn't any journalists, put him to the sword?

Utter contempt.

I wonder when the West Midlands Mayoral results will be declared.

If Street wins, Sunak will be even worse.

One minute Sushi is in Aldershot, the next in Tees Valley - one wonders if he has a helicopter for such things.

I wonder when the West Midlands Mayoral results will be declared.
It's odd. Labour runs Wolverhampton, Birmingham and Coventry councils with ease yet a Tory wins the Mayoral elections and Labour only has 50% of the MPs. Where do they come from?

But good old Sunak '"Regrets the loss of hard working Conservative Councillors....delivering for the people and keeping Council Tax low..."
Gosh! He almost had me there...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

One minute Sushi is in Aldershot, the next in Tees Valley - one wonders if he has a helicopter for such things.
Surely not! It would be totally out of character for such a prudent ex-Chancellor and champion of low public spending.

Good afternoon all,

I've ignored this thread to date but could I request it is correctly titled as these are not UK wide elections??????? Either that or somebody failed to tell me there were some going on in Scotland........

Regards

Richard

Labour's Steve Rotheram wins Liverpool mayoral election​

Steve Rotheram has been reelected as Liverpool mayor.

“Thanks to the people of the Liverpool City Region for putting your faith in me once again. I promise I won’t let you down. We’re taking back our future,” he wrote on X.

Rotheram beat his nearest rival by more than 156,000 votes, resulting in 68% of the vote share and increasing his vote share by 9.7 points. He has urged prime minister Rishi Sunak to call a general election saying “we are ready when you are”.

Here is a full breakdown of the result:

• Labour - 183,932
  • Conservative - 27,708
  • Green - 26,417
  • Liberal Democrat - 21,366
  • Independent - 11,032

A damn close run thing........

It's odd. Labour runs Wolverhampton, Birmingham and Coventry councils with ease yet a Tory wins the Mayoral elections and Labour only has 50% of the MPs. Where do they come from?
I feel the mayor and PCC elections don’t really reflect anything other than the individual and people’s perception. Very different from both faceless councillors and tribal MPs. It is also sickening how low the turnout is. In Liverpool it was 24%. A supposedly political hotbed. Pathetic.

I feel the mayor and PCC elections don’t really reflect anything other than the individual and people’s perception. Very different from both faceless councillors and tribal MPs. It is also sickening how low the turnout is. In Liverpool it was 24%. A supposedly political hotbed. Pathetic.
Liverpool won't vote tory, even tory calling itself labour. I imagine a lot of voters just sat on their hands.

Oh my goodness Labour are a disaster in Birmingham , they are going to dim the streetlights to save pennies ( 900 k ) they are closing libraries and the arts left right and centre .reducing bin collections and just a disaster !!!!

They have lost the support of the majority Islamic vote as well

Oh my goodness Labour are a disaster in Birmingham , they are going to dim the streetlights to save pennies ( 900 k ) they are closing libraries and the arts left right and centre .reducing bin collections and just a disaster !!!!

They have lost the support of the majority Islamic vote as well
Yes but they don't vote Tory!

Andy street will be a great mayor for his third time , he is such a dynamo !! Came to our carol service the other day and he gets everywhere

Indeed it was just the statement labour run birningham with ease that seems wrong really
Sorry I'm not with you. The Tories bankrupted the council as they've done everywhere else

Birmingham city council accused of basing drastic cuts on ‘imagined’ data

Whistleblowers fear £760m equal pay liability bill could be hugely overstated, as IT problems leave finances in disarray

advertisement

Back